XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Can't connect Bluetooth on iPhone 4

Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can't connect Bluetooth on iPhone 4

Just yesterday I brought my iPhone to apple for a proximity sensor issue,he reset the phone, my bluetooth was saying my car instead of jaguar, it worked ok for a day now I can't get it to pair.
Help

Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No clue whats happening there, but here's what to try. On iPhone, go to settings/general/Bluetooth (make sure it's on of course)/ and let it search for the jag. If it can't find it, click on "car" and click "forget device", and then try to find device again.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

If that doesn't work try and pair your phone with another car or a bluetooth headset so isolate the car or phone issue. If your phone won't pair with another car or headset then it is most likely the phone that is having the issue. If the phone will pair then you might need to reset the phone and clear the phone from the bluetooth system from the car. Also, if you have another phone try and pair it with your car.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 PM

i tried that and it wont load when i click on my car to allow me to forget device again, it trys to pair but the screen that pops up withe the new 4 digits disappears to fast, and it keeps sayin retry put nothing works.

the manual says on the phone menu press change phone but I can't find it, all it says is find device or use handset. The screen doesn't even come up with the numbers.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure if you tried this but erase all paired devices in your car and do it while your phone is away (out of range) from the car, then erase all paired devices on your i phone again away from the car, then try pairing procedure again. If that doesn't work I would do like expatjag says try to pair your phone with another device or your car with another device to isolate which unit has the problem. If its the iphone try doing a reset from itunes if its the car i guess a service visit to the dealer is in order.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM

i get to the option where it says my phones name and if i want to pair or delete.
The delete button doesn't work.It doesn't beep nothing happens.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

The XJ has serious issues staying connected to any BT phone... or at least, mine does. I have video of it connecting, disconnecting, reconnecting, disconnecting 10 times in the span of two minutes. I've tried three brand new phones and each of them has the same issue. Granted, my car is possessed and hasn't seem to respond to any of the 5 exorcisms the Jaguar techs have applied - so we'll see.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by New2Jag
The XJ has serious issues staying connected to any BT phone... or at least, mine does. I have video of it connecting, disconnecting, reconnecting, disconnecting 10 times in the span of two minutes. I've tried three brand new phones and each of them has the same issue. Granted, my car is possessed and hasn't seem to respond to any of the 5 exorcisms the Jaguar techs have applied - so we'll see.
NewJag,
I am not a Jaguar mechanic but I truly think you have a lemon. I have a 2011 Jag XJL Supercharged that they started building in July but picked up in December because of all the updates that needed to be done. My bluetooth works as advertised. It even streams so I don't have to have it plugged into the USB port in the chubby box. The voice control works as advertised as well. If I were you at this point I would see about getting your car certified as a lemon and getting a new one built.