XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Just a bit snarky, I was

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Just a bit snarky, I was

So I stopped to pick up a pizza on the way home from work the other evening. The parking lot was virtually empty, but that didn't stop some chap in a pickup truck from parking about four inches from my driver's side. I was walking back to my car as he pulled in, and I said out loud, "Really?" His response was that I was the one parked too close to the white line, not him. I looked down and commented, "Fair point", and got in my car. As he was walking away, he rather snarkily said, "Have a nice day." I couldn't resist - my response, "I'm driving a ninety thousand dollar Jaguar - what kind of day do you think I'm having?"

Yeah, I guess sometimes, I'm one of "those guys", too.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:05 PM
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Jeffrey,
I had a similer experience before a Christmas. I took my daughter and Grandson to a local shopping Mall near York.
on our return a van had parked alongside me with about a 2cm clearance on the right hand side, Another car had reverse parked on the left side leaving no room for me to open that door either. I opened the windows with the key fob and climbed onto the left cars bonnet and roof before entering head first through the window, then scrambled over into the drivers seat and reversed out.
When I left, the obstructing van had two flat tyres and somehow both windscreen wipers had become entwined.
The car park didn’t have any CCT cameras, I checked before leaving.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:54 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

That reminds me of a prank that was played on me several years ago. At the time, I was driving a Chrysler 300C with the 5.7 liter engine and all the options. At the time, I was living in Georgia, and it had been a fairly dry season. It wasn't until it actually snowed (!) that I needed to turn on the wipers, only to discover that someone had removed the windshield wiper from the driver's side of the car. I wasn't mad about it. Rather, I laughed and thought it was a classic practical joke, since the effect wasn't noticed until a good long time after the prank was pulled, yet it still had its intended result.

Note: Do not try this at home, unless your intended victim is as inattentive to detail as I was, although to be fair, the wipers tucked down behind the rear of the hood when not in use, so they weren't usually visible to the driver.