XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

New service bulletin released today for roof popping/creeking

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RippedPuma
I could kill my dealer. Dropped off my car for the "ticking noise" in the sunroof at the beginning of the week. I asked him "you want me to drive you around to hear it" and he said "No, we know what it is".

Well, go to pick it up today.. Lo and behold, no repairs made, could not duplicate the issue. These guys must be deaf, it took me about 10 seconds on the road to hear it again.

I sent them an e-mail scheduling another appointment when the new fix comes in. My problem is different (no "pop", just a "ticking" and rattling in the roof area), but I figure I might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

My face had to be classic when he said "we couldn't hear anything". Are you guys deaf from listening to so many popping roofs?
And my dealer didn't hear noise at one time giving the car back to me. I went back and they where very accomodating and we drove around in the car with the service rep, a tech. We all heard the noises. They made no fuzz about it and promissed to work with me until it is fixed. We waited for the new TSB and that did fix it. Now we need to see if the fix lasts.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
Took my car in yesterday morning for the latest roof popping TSB. Got it back today at noon and it is fixed (for now). Here is what was listed on the service order:

Performed repair as per TSB JTB00236. Fit washers to roof and roof alignment.
1 C2D23230 Kit
Part #C2D16894

They also fixed a ticking noise that was coming from the right front passenger area:

Cause: Binding at hinges and body panels.
Performed repair as per SSM52597. Adjusted body panel under hood for noise.

They also addressed a few recall issues:

Completed K062. Replaced rear antenna pod cover.
Completed K075. Reconfigured BCM (sidelights can remain on at ignition off).
Completed K084. Level bonnet catch assembly spring.
Completed J019. Wiper arm adjustment.
Completed K088. Replaced center console glove box lid latch.
Could not complete K069. Replace drivers air bag module-parts on order.

Car is currently quiet as a mouse and I really tried to make the roof pop by going up and down some inclines that were causing the noise before the repair. Hopefully it doesn't loosen up again and start popping. The first fix back in July, 2010 lasted until just a month or so ago.

Great service from my dealer and a new XF as a loaner. No complaints. Still in love with this car.
Hi, had the noise from right front but didn't even notice with the then so noise roof. Brought the car in for roof noise fix, dealer thought it to be the hinge. Hood hinge was broken. They put a new one in after getting it painted and ordered.
Then they said no more noise. Must have been deaf. We drove around together, decided to wait for new roof TSB. In the mean time my fuel level sender unit went back so I did have to bring it in anyways. They did everything in less then a day. No more noise.
Kudos to the dealer staff for working well with me. Not so much to Jaguar for letting the customers and dealers hang out to dry for over a year.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping noise

I've had my car in 3 times for the popping sound. It just started again - and now it's louder than ever. It's really frustrating. I am not even sure what to do at this point.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Gralda, did you verify that your dealer installed the latest TSB? That one came out in October and parts for it became available slowly during October and November. What did your dealer tell you? If you don't have a written record on your service paperwork that the latest TSB (don't know the number of hand but can find out) had been installed, insist that that work be done.
If you still can't get any results, write a certified letter to Jaguar of North America, attn: warranty claims and a copy to attn: customer relations. I also copied their "legal department". So in essence 3x the same letter. I got a phone call within a week. They made sure that my (already excellent) dealer is on it. Within a week the second TSB for that was installed. I brought in the car in the morning. Guess what in the late afternoon I got call that I can pick up the call. Upon pickup dealer insisted on a test drive with me to their "twisty testing areas" to make sure I am happy and said right away that if I am not they will keep working on it. I was happy. No more noises for over 3 months now. Dealer did excellent work and didn't leave a speck of dirt in the car.
1 week later Jaguar followed up with a phone call. I told them all is fine. The then send me a $ 250.00 gift certificate to spend at the dealer for service, parts or on boutique items. Happy customer in the end. So, either you got a real bigger problem (which I doubt after all the research I did on this over a year) or you have a problem with your dealer ship. Good luck and keep us posted. FYI, I always got free brand new Jaguar XF loaners when I brought the car in.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

This is the latest roof pop fix:

TSB JTB00236 - Fit washers to roof and roof alignment.
1 C2D23230 Kit
Part #C2D16894

Had mine done on 10/11/11 and no noises since.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
This is the latest roof pop fix:

TSB JTB00236 - Fit washers to roof and roof alignment.
1 C2D23230 Kit
Part #C2D16894

Had mine done on 10/11/11 and no noises since.
Thanks HouTexJag for filling in the blanks. Good to see you around here. Sounds like you are happy with your car as I am with mine after the roof pop stuff has been successfully resolved.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

I am super happy with my car and feel compelled to keep reminding everyone that no car is perfect and that's why there's a warranty (and a very good one at that). Of course, it helps to have a competant and caring dealer so that you don't have to go up the Jaguar ladder. So far, mine has kept me very satisfied.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:01 PM

Ditto, my thoughts exactly. Same with my dealer. They had been great but needed a bit help from Jaguar which in the end they received in form of the new TSB kit. All things considered I would buy the car again.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your car and was your wiper blade up a bit on the right, is that why it got adjusted?