XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

P0087 Fuel Rail System Pressure Too Low HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:21 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default P0087 Fuel Rail System Pressure Too Low HELP

Hello guys. Just went for a drive today and gunned it in the on ramp. The car was hesitant to rev in the higher range but below 4K partial throttle it seemed fine. Here's the catch though, after full load acceleration, the car went into "Restricted Performance" mode and I pulled over. The code I pulled from my scanner was P0087 Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low. Anyone have any previous experience with this problem?

Ps I have the TCP intake tubes in my car and have been thinking that maybe the runner couplers are compressing under acceleration and causing to starve the engine of air. I recently readjusted the tubes so that there would be minimal gap between the couplers and the metal pipes.

I'm starting to think that my fuel system needs to be serviced. I am at 42k miles and got the car last year with 22k miles. The car is driven in a daily basis. I just bought some injector cleaner and added it to my fuel. I hope it helps.

Johncy

Old 07-22-2016, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 07-23-2016, 03:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

can you show a pic of your car with spacers? thanks

Old 07-25-2016, 06:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would get a doctors needle, put superglue in it, then spray some glue through the headliner.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:21 PM

????

Old 07-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johncy2000
????
Ha - his responses to other threads are going here for some reason.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what happened to me. They replaced 1 fuel pump, then it happened again so they replaced another, then 1 more time and replaced the other. Then again and replaced 1 bank of injectors, then one more time and replaced the other. Now I am fine, 3 fuel pumps and 8 injectors later.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys. Just went for a drive today and gunned it in the on ramp. The car was hesitant to rev in the higher range but below 4K partial throttle it seemed fine. Here's the catch though, after full load acceleration, the car went into "Restricted Performance" mode and I pulled over. The code I pulled from my scanner was P0087 Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low. Anyone have any previous experience with this problem?

Ps I have the TCP intake tubes in my car and have been thinking that maybe the runner couplers are compressing under acceleration and causing to starve the engine of air. I recently readjusted the tubes so that there would be minimal gap between the couplers and the metal pipes.

I'm starting to think that my fuel system needs to be serviced. I am at 42k miles and got the car last year with 22k miles. The car is driven in a daily basis. I just bought some injector cleaner and added it to my fuel. I hope it helps.

Johncy

Hey hey guys I started getting the restricted performance and code p0087 however mine's different is that the restricted performance never goes away and the car is running in limp mode and I tried to reset the code but it immediately goes right back into limp mode or restricted performance I do have pending codes regarding misfire 1 through 8 cylinders. Sounds like maybe my fuel pumps. The car is a 2012 with 57000 miles on it

Johncy I am also in the Bay Area I was going to have it taken to the Jaguar dealership in Walnut Creek do you have any other recommendations on shops in my area. Thanks in advance guys

Old 06-18-2019, 01:23 PM

im a little lost did you get help with this? it looks like itn went straight to you thanking everyone but there are no details. im looking at scan tool data using 2 different sensors. a low pressure reading 2.33 volts at idle near the tank and 1.35 high pressure voltage at the rear of the engine i am going to pressure check in a second. just im looking for parameters.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cello5887
im a little lost did you get help with this? it looks like itn went straight to you thanking everyone but there are no details. im looking at scan tool data using 2 different sensors. a low pressure reading 2.33 volts at idle near the tank and 1.35 high pressure voltage at the rear of the engine i am going to pressure check in a second. just im looking for parameters.
The dealer ended up replacing all three fuel pumps and the problem went away. I no longer have the car because the warranty expired and I didn’t want to spent any money further maintaining this car. This car was in the shop a lot to be honest!

Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 AM
fiz

The dealer ended up replacing all three fuel pumps and the problem went away. I no longer have the car because the warranty expired and I didn’t want to spent any money further maintaining this car. This car was in the shop a lot to be honest!
Hi Johncy, I experiencing same fault. The fuel pressure too low with DTCP0087 causing engine system fault & restricted performance. You mentioned the dealer replaced all three fuel pumps, what fuel pumps they replaced? As i know the fuel system has two pumps only, one is high pressure pump & low pressure pump in tank.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Usually the high pressure fuel pumps. Replace both. Engine is going lean when you get on it from low fuel pressure. Might as well change oil too because about half comes out when you remove the pumps.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:39 PM
Default Jaguar fuel rail pressure low check engine light on car wouldn’t start car is at the

I experienced this problem check engine light came on drove the car for 3 days no problems car drove fine to it to the shop to have it checked out the car soundtracked start now it’s at the dealer

Johncy

Old 10-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi Johncy, I experiencing same fault. The fuel pressure too low with DTCP0087 causing engine system fault & restricted performance. You mentioned the dealer replaced all three fuel pumps, what fuel pumps they replaced? As i know the fuel system has two pumps only, one is high pressure pump & low pressure pump in tank.
1 in tank and 2 hi pressure pumps on the block. There are 3 but I would not replace the intank unless failed. But I would and do replace both hi pressure if one fails.