XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Pics of the Venom wheels powder coated on my Arctic White XJL

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pics of Venom wheels powder coated on my Arctic White XJL

Within a couple of weeks of me purchasing the car back in 2014 I sent my Venom wheels off to California to have them chromed. At the time I loved the look and was extremely happy with them. The calipers came painted red from the factory (Sport and Speed package) but they didn’t quite “pop” like I wanted them to and the quality of paint seemed average at best. So, I got the calipers powder coated at the same time- and changed the “JAGUAR” on the caliper from white to black. That combined with new Michelin Pilot Super Sports (305 rears) and I was a happy camper.

After 4yrs the chrome look got stagnant for me- I didn’t dislike it but didn’t LOVE it anymore either and I was ready for a change. Not to mention the chrome peel on the inside of the wheel was becoming a constant headache- the tires would leak through the bead of the tire because of the peeling.

So, a friend of a friend opened up a powder coating shop 2 miles from my house and was running a special- for $400 he powder coated all 4 wheels, and that included unmounting and remounting the tires and sandblasting all the chrome off the wheels. It’s a one stop shop.

I’m stoked with the results. It’s just the kind of appeal change I was after- “kitty” to “mean cat” for lack of a better analogy.

Thought I’d share a few pics in case any of you arctic white guys are considering doing the same

BEFORE AND AFTER

Last edited by Busa196; 01-11-2018 at 04:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tommyd (08-12-2022)
Old 01-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa196
Within a couple of weeks of me purchasing the car back in 2014 I sent my Venom wheels off to California to have them chromed. At the time I loved the look and was extremely happy with them. The calipers came painted red from the factory (Sport and Speed package) but they didn’t quite “pop” like I wanted them to and the quality of paint seemed average at best. So, I got the calipers powder coated at the same time- and changed the “JAGUAR” on the caliper from white to black. That combined with new Michelin Pilot Super Sports (305 rears) and I was a happy camper.

After 4yrs the chrome look got stagnant for me- I didn’t dislike it but didn’t LOVE it anymore either and I was ready for a change. Not to mention the chrome peel on the inside of the wheel was becoming a constant headache- the tires would leak through the bead of the tire because of the peeling.

So, a friend of a friend opened up a powder coating shop 2 miles from my house and was running a special- for $400 he powder coated all 4 wheels, and that included unmounting and remounting the tires and sandblasting all the chrome off the wheels. It’s a one stop shop.

I’m stoked with the results. It’s just the kind of appeal change I was after- “kitty” to “mean cat” for lack of a better analogy.

Thought I’d share a few pics in case any of you arctic white guys are considering doing the same

BEFORE AND AFTER

Looks good!!