XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

software done or so they say...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default software done or so they say...

took our jag last saturday and left it with the dealer (2 hrs away) and went to pick it up today. came away with more problems than when we left it...headliner needs replacing due to some stitching that came loose (on backorder). they told us that the upgrade activated the voice control...NOT!! doesnt work and they dont know why nor did they try it to see if it worked before calling us to get the car. so called fixed the "popping" from the roof...now have two different noises coming from the roof (constant vibration and popping). needed door trim realigned on the driver door and they fixed that but cracked the black door pillar on the door in doing so and they didnt even notice it. the techs got grease or scuffs on the doors, seats and headliner. wife and i are not happy campers about this almost to the point of not letting them touch the car again. we still love the car just want it fixed.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow, I hope my dealer is better at this than yours when its my turn in the barrel to get my software upgrades and other fixes (like roof popping) done. So far, I have not been contacted to bring in my car--I wonder why some dealers are already notifying their customers and others are not?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
Wow, I hope my dealer is better at this than yours when its my turn in the barrel to get my software upgrades and other fixes (like roof popping) done. So far, I have not been contacted to bring in my car--I wonder why some dealers are already notifying their customers and others are not?
I asked the same question and I was told that the update /repair comes to the dealers as parts kits. Some dealers apparently are waiting for "complete" parts stocks before scheduling a call in. It stands that doing so will make for shorter visits.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Because it depends on whats been done to your car already, what needs to be done and then a kit has to be ordered with the specific parts needed for the enhancement on your car. And it pays between 3-5 hrs depending. Yet no one here has finished a enhancement in less than about 6 hours and thats for the minimal work. That can create alot of back log getting cars in and out.
so would you rather EVERYONE come in at once and then cars can sit for days or weeks till parts and time can be accomplished, or would you rather enjoy driving your car and wait till an appointed time to minimize TOC (time outta car)???
Also my understanding is you have to go through voice recognition and tutorial for the system to learn your speach and operate first, but I havent been down this road yet.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:00 PM

my voice control doesnt work at all...when i press the voice button on the steering wheel nothing happens. was told voice recognition was done with the the update.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:13 AM

^^^^ when you hit the voice icon on the left side of the steering wheel the message center on the right should change showing icon of commands. then you need to speak, like radio tune, voice help etc... Do you not get the message change in the right side instrument pack display?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 PM

absolutely nothing happens when i press the button on the steering wheel

Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM

well then unfortunatly youre correct, it isnt working. I went and checked several today after reflashes and they worked the way I described. So that sucks you have to return, but this is a learning curve for all. We all wish things worked as designed first time out. At least it will get fixed eventually