XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

TOPIx Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOPIx Help

Hi guys, just looked up my X351 profile on TOPIx and have a couple of questions....

It states "Television" on the minor features section - I have no TV available on my infotainment system menu therefore do I need to pay dealership to enable it?

It also states "I/P vents" - anyone know what this is?

Thanks for any help

2011 XJ(SWB), Polaris White

Old 06-10-2017, 06:58 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Welcome to the forum Craigjamieson777,

Were you looking at the factory build sheet for your specific vehicle or at the general specification (including options) for your Model Year?

The abbreviation I/P stands for the optional Illumination Package. This includes illuminated tread plates and air vents.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 06-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Graeme....I was looking at the data for my specific vehicle, after I entered my vehicle VIN.....

So I'm guessing I have the hardware for those features installed in my car, as it's listed on TOPIx, therefore I just need to pay the *********** to enable them?

Old 06-11-2017, 05:48 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

I thought the full factory build sheet for an individual vehicle was only available as a 'paid for' element in TOPIx. I certainly can't get mine through the free information available on TOPIx.

An approach with the right attitude to a Jaguar Dealer usually gets a full print out f.o.c. That's been the case with the last six Jaguars I've owned.

Graham

Old 06-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

My local dealer also printed mine free

Old 06-12-2017, 03:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

"Television" may mean the touch screen display. It normally says "TV Receiver" or something to that effect if the tuner is fitted. If someone else without the tuner can check we can test that theory.

Originally Posted by GGG
I thought the full factory build sheet for an individual vehicle was only available as a 'paid for' element in TOPIx. I certainly can't get mine through the free information available on TOPIx.
The full build spec is only available on TOPIx for cars built since around 2010; no subscription is required (just an account to log in with). More limited information is available online for some earlier models, with nothing at all for early 00's.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-12-2017)