XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I Have a 2007 XJ8 VP and I have been reading comments and forms about Bluetooth connectivity my
problem is that the connectivity is intermittent!
sometimes the phone connects immediately when I get to the car and sometimes I have to force the connection thru the setting on the phone several times up to 15 minutes before a connection can be established
I tried a different device with no luck
I uninstalled the device several times pushed the phone button on and off but no luck
watched YouTub for similar issues any advice from the x350 owners?

Old 11-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by All4Jags
I Have a 2007 XJ8 VP and I have been reading comments and forms about Bluetooth connectivity my
problem is that the connectivity is intermittent!
sometimes the phone connects immediately when I get to the car and sometimes I have to force the connection thru the setting on the phone several times up to 15 minutes before a connection can be established
I tried a different device with no luck
I uninstalled the device several times pushed the phone button on and off but no luck
watched YouTub for similar issues any advice from the x350 owners?
What do you mean by a different device? Phone or module? When you say you have to force a connection through the phone several times up to 15 minutes, what specifically do you mean? Is you phone not finding the Jaguar in bluetooth or - finding it but not connecting or - connecting but not pairing?

As I don't have the X350 anymore, bear with me. Is there a time out to home screen when you're on the phone screen? In other words, does your Jaguar give up after a short time trying to find a phone?

On the XK, there is a timer and after so long, the phone screen stops trying to connect. To alleviate this, we simply extend the time out to a longer period. This is in the systems or vehicle setting. I don't recall which and like I said, I'm not sure it's relevant to your make/ model.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you, Sean,
different device i mean a different Phone, both Android and I Phone
there is never a message that says trying to connect it's either no BT phone or connected
i don't have an option in the car setting for timeout unless it's on a non-user level?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the poor connection always in the same place? ie does it connect more easily in some places than others? Perhaps some local interference?