XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Is the CD Changer plug and play?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Is the CD Changer plug and play?

My 2004 XJ8 is not equipped with the trunk mounted CDC, can I just buy one off eBay and plug it into wiring harness in the trunk? They can be had for around $100 or so. I'm figuring this is much simpler and easier, as well as less costly than trying to install the ACM or an aftermarket system.

I haven't used CD's in years, but the wife still plays them. I could load up the changer with her faves and life is good.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elbert Jones
My 2004 XJ8 is not equipped with the trunk mounted CDC, can I just buy one off eBay and plug it into wiring harness in the trunk? They can be had for around $100 or so. I'm figuring this is much simpler and easier, as well as less costly than trying to install the ACM or an aftermarket system.

I haven't used CD's in years, but the wife still plays them. I could load up the changer with her faves and life is good.
You need CDC and optical link.
Regards
Paul

Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Elbert Jones

If you do decide to go that route let me know, I install the phone unit and bluetooth in my 04 XJ8 about a month ago, I had to buy a new D2B cable to install it, i still have my old cable. My car came with Nav and CDC unit, if not for these guys on this forum it would not have happen. Let me know, it's not doing me any good sitting in my tool box.

Happy Holidays

Vacmail

Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vacmail
If you do decide to go that route let me know, I install the phone unit and bluetooth in my 04 XJ8 about a month ago, I had to buy a new D2B cable to install it, i still have my old cable. My car came with Nav and CDC unit, if not for these guys on this forum it would not have happen. Let me know, it's not doing me any good sitting in my tool box.

Happy Holidays

Vacmail
How much are you asking for the cable?

I was under the impression the cars were already pre-wired. I actually haven't even looked inside the trunk yet to see what's already there.

I'm sure someone has posted a DIY on the CDC install.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default D2B help informations

Here's some help for anyone thinking about installing units, phone, CDC, Nav.
I did not find anything to help with the install of the CDC but here the pdf for installing the phone maybe this will help. If you look on the Matrix and find what you would like to install then find the right Link Lead part No. Anything to help anyone save some money. I will tell you this, the dealer LOVES his Link leads the one i needed to add the phone put me back 3 Bills.

Good luck

Attached Thumbnails Is the CD Changer plug and play?-d2b-link-xj.jpg  
Attached Files