XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Handling Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Handling Problems

I just received a call a few minutes after writing this that the part is waiting at the dealership and I will get it fixed on the 15 June.

Last edited by xjpassion; 06-11-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,435 Likes on 1,941 Posts

Sounds to me like Jaguar need to sack all their staff and dealers in France and recruit a new lot. I don't think I have ever read of such arrogant, conceited, attitudes in an organisation supposedly serving their customers. I have to say, though, that customer service does not seem to be a strong point of French organisations. Renault cars used to be very popular in the UK, but are slowly disappearing from sight, due, I suspect to poor service to their customers. Nowadays I look at restaurant wine lists and there are no French wines on them at all !!

What is going on in France ?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like service in France is much different than the US. When my dealer has to order a part they normally have it the next day; and they give me a loaner vehicle while I wait. My car is beyond the factory warranty and I purchased a warranty from another insurance company. They pay the dealer directly when a repair is made; again, no waiting.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,791 Likes on 7,116 Posts

Your frustration is perfectly understandable.

I have to wonder if such parts availability problems are the result of some unusual agreements or requirements between Jaguar France and the mother company ? If so, the situation obviously needs to be reviewed.

Good luck
DD

Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

The part is at the dealer now and you have to wait until 15 June to get it repaired??? Bad customer service for sure!!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Sounds to me like Jaguar need to sack all their staff and dealers in France and recruit a new lot. I don't think I have ever read of such arrogant, conceited, attitudes in an organisation supposedly serving their customers. I have to say, though, that customer service does not seem to be a strong point of French organisations. Renault cars used to be very popular in the UK, but are slowly disappearing from sight, due, I suspect to poor service to their customers. Nowadays I look at restaurant wine lists and there are no French wines on them at all !!

What is going on in France ?
it is over here ,people are too pissed off from living here already...good example for the wine!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by carmat731
Sounds like service in France is much different than the US. When my dealer has to order a part they normally have it the next day; and they give me a loaner vehicle while I wait. My car is beyond the factory warranty and I purchased a warranty from another insurance company. They pay the dealer directly when a repair is made; again, no waiting.
you're doing well.The warranty I baught in the past never works for me.

Last edited by xjpassion; 06-11-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doug
Your frustration is perfectly understandable.

I have to wonder if such parts availability problems are the result of some unusual agreements or requirements between Jaguar France and the mother company ? If so, the situation obviously needs to be reviewed.

Good luck
DD

from what I understood it was more about agreement and echeance than availability...sad...

Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
The part is at the dealer now and you have to wait until 15 June to get it repaired??? Bad customer service for sure!!
you have to fight for what is due....it took me 3 months to diagnosed it...already....

Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned

thank you all,my mistake living in such place...I do not like it.
they're good at listening there,at jag france,I do not need a therapist!
re edit my initial post ,as I hate complaining and or hurt a "small" company ,I think ,it is also hope to me,to be able to diagnose things faster or to have teh car inspect asasp after the purchase,even if the car seems in excelent shape.

Last edited by xjpassion; 06-11-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 931 Posts

There's no uniform experience when going to a Jag dealer. Tata has to work on making the customer experience uniform, pleasing, and in line with a beautiful, classy and austere product. Much of car sales gets into smoke and mirrors and providing the customer not only a car, but an experience to go along with it.

The line up speaks for itself. Now it's getting the customer to think that they'll enjoy going to the dealer, but they won't have to as the Jaguar is so well built... Well, getting the customer to believe all of this is no easy task.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Thanks Mosesbotbol.

today they finally chnaged teh rack and pinion and the "kneecap"? (i'm unsure of the spelling) geometrie was done,tires rotated.I still do not like the hadnling,it moves,as soon as there is a litle wind i feel it in the steering wheel...a triangle was a bit unscrew and the rack and pinions was a bit loose,and I drove like this maybe let say 5000 km,could this possibly affected something else...? and i do have a noisy sound at lower speed,like a rear end breaking....or tire noise,will this be a wheel bearing,I asked them well to check it out...it was rainy today,I will test it again tomorrow...teh dealership did well,and i asked for an oil change at the last minute,I can't complain...I asked to check the column middle part too...i wnader if it is not the handling issue...

Last edited by xjpassion; 06-15-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member

Are you running Pirelli Tyres? My experience is that they are noisy and sound like wheel bearing problems.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

Hi hlgeorge,
I have baught Pirelli for my jag since 1999,this time and due to a bad divorce in Itlay I decided to try blackcircle in uk and buy the dunlop sport max.
when they set up the tires,it was not well done,one had a bump,they had to re- installed it,so tomorrow ,I will have the other 3 check,today I rotate them and I feel a move in the steeering wheel again.

I know Pirello p zero are noisy at the end...these ar the dunlop sport max i had dunlop sport1 before and they were less noisy.

It may be a wheel bearing,or the tire,I am unsure.I did not know jag was taking care of the oil change too during the guarantee ,and it is appreciable,so I paid nothing today,I think it was about 3400 euros easily for all.

from what I could tested,I think the pirelli are more linear.

re the handling if it is not teh tires,I am sure it is teh articulate part in the middle of the steering column that is weak now,if there is a linear defect on the road,it should not shake like it does now.I will check teh tires locally this afternoon and call the dealership tomorrow if it is not resolved,that sounds fair.

we re balnaced all 4 tires,10-15 gr dif. anyway.

re the sounds I experience,from the wheel bearing? will it be possible that one is noisy,(left front suspected) but if I try to push the wheel with my feet it is tied and it is not loose but only noisy? It is noisy when I release the accelerator,it is noisy but not regular.I hear it more at lower speed and when slowing down.

Last edited by xjpassion; 06-16-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Front wheel bearing will make noise when you slightly turn left or right, like changing lanes. You will hear it in one direction and not the other, unless both are bad, but the sound would change. A noise that you hear when letting off the acclerator can be the pinion bearing in the rearend. Rear wheel bearings from my experience are constant and usually increase with speed.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Drew
Front wheel bearing will make noise when you slightly turn left or right, like changing lanes. You will hear it in one direction and not the other, unless both are bad, but the sound would change. A noise that you hear when letting off the acclerator can be the pinion bearing in the rearend. Rear wheel bearings from my experience are constant and usually increase with speed.
Thanks Drew,I changed 2 rear end already so I know,yes the noise is here when I turned left yesterday,and also? when I release the accelerator,well,it should increase and the dealership will find out,hopefully.I hope it is not both,anyway,they should have stop the vehicule in May and give me a car ,it is their responsability,I have this noise since like 6 days now and I well let them know.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned

It seems like the car will not handle well the 20 inches,or the Arden geometrie numbers did not fit? during windy condition,the car was deported on the side.
Now i put back the 18'' wheel and i will have new pirelli 7000 on the 29th and a "cardan" replaced and all should be fine.
the car finally drives well,it was a long road to achieve it.And no more car movments on the freeway and still nice smooth ride.
I fell holding the 20'' with my shoulders and i fell too many times any bumps.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned

they put the new tires pirelli 18'' ,and changed the cardan joint this morning,there was a light wind and I could not really drive it well.

the dealership try it and and it was not drivable in high position ,with the arden kit off.and on,lowered it is hard to control.I spent 1400 euros on new tires.
I am at spending 4500 euros on a dec 2007 xj (25 000 miles) to try to get a good handling.,without sucess.and jag france changed the rack and pinion and more..

I called jag france and they will call me back next week.

Last edited by xjpassion; 07-05-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds more like the mechanics you have working on the car really do not know what they are doing. My 04 XJ8 is smooth and steady at 100+ speeds with standard wheels and tires. I have driven it in rain and high winds with no loss of steady control.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear your troubles. I have a 2006 XJ8 L and drove to Palm Springs and back. There are strong winds out there. My Jag seems to ride smoother the faster I went. 75 to 105 mph. Hope you get things worked out.

Quick Reply: Handling Problems