XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Strutmaster coilover price drop

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Box
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by 04XJR
There are great people on these forums that will help you, and share their ACTUAL experiences and knowledge so that you can make informed decsions..Like Lagonia, Caldoofy, Sochi2014, etc. They push us all forward and help keep these cars alive.

Then there are some others who's "two cents" are nothing but criticisms and conjecture (no, the XF strutmout WONT fit the X350), and are rarely worth pennies on the dollar. I hate to say it, but I've never seen these types on the Saab or Alfa Romeo forums..but definetly have seen them on the Mercedes forums. Hmm...

Choose your own adventure.
There are plenty of reviews of owners who have had poor experiences with Strutmaster's products on numerous product and vehicle lines. It's why I said your assertion that they are "the best money can buy," is subjective. I'm sorry if that doesn't set well with you, truth none the less. Concerning using the XF mount, I already stated I hadn't tried it, but would seek a top mount that would fit without modifying the upper tower, that is one thing you don't want to be doing. You can twist that anyway you wish.

Last edited by Box; 11-15-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 341 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 04XJR
blah blah blah box...

Anyway mystery solved. Not a real big deal and easily checked..
Yes but...
Fact is that the quality control is bad.
And when you are not knowledgeable enough and/or when you rely upon the product you buy, you may be seriously disappointed by Strutmasters.
Fortunately here, Lagonia did not suffer accident or injury, but not many people would know how a cup or collar should be mounted or check in detail the assembly of the struts they purchase before installing them. Ask Lagonia...
Not good for Strutmasters and no assurance that they would even learn and improve their quality control in the future.