XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Stuck in Valet Mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Stuck in Valet Mode

What key do you have? If you have the key with the remote (flip style) you should be able to put it in the trunk and open it. The green key is the valet key that doesn't open trunk.
If you don't know where they key goes, look above license plate where plate lights are. To the right there is the key hold. Put in they key and turn. Trunk should open. I don't think it will relieve valet mode though. If your remote doesnt work, you will likely have to go to dealer. When they programme remote, side effect will be that it will deactivate valet mode.
Side note - while you are there, if they replace remote and programme it, that would be the time to buy another one. That way you wont have to pay for programming because they already programming. just as easy to do 2 as it is 1

Old 01-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Stuck in Valet Mode

or you can stick the key in the door and lock it and unlock all the doors... that dissables the valet mode. and i believe holding down the remote on unlock or lock does too.

The following users liked this post:
cebtext (10-04-2023)
Old 10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_genius
or you can stick the key in the door and lock it and unlock all the doors... that dissables the valet mode. and i believe holding down the remote on unlock or lock does too.
oh man its been a while since this post.. anyways my xk8 wont deactivate valet mode lockin and unlockin with they black key, ha i dont even have a valet key lol and also no control.. hard reset off the ecu might fix this though..

Old 10-13-2010, 02:46 AM

Interesting. My wife's recently purchased 07 VandenPlas had the car stuck in valet mode when she unlocked the car in the morning. I found this issue as well one morning.

As it was a select edition, we took it to Jag and they replaced both remotes. No problems so far.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:26 AM

tried to program remote of ebay and hit valet by mistake now trunk won't open ANY HELP

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Originally Posted by smorgan
tried to program remote of ebay and hit valet by mistake now trunk won't open ANY HELP
Welcome to the forum smorgan,

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

You've posted in X350 forum but your profile is showing XK8. Which model and year is stuck in Valet?

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 03-25-2015, 04:31 PM
Default Papa Ron

I have a 2004 XJ. My key does not open the trunk. My remotes are gone and the valet is set. I have tried opening all doors with key but that doesnt work either. Anyone know how to disable the Valet system?

Old 03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaRonH
I have a 2004 XJ. My key does not open the trunk. My remotes are gone and the valet is set. I have tried opening all doors with key but that doesnt work either. Anyone know how to disable the Valet system?
Button in the glove box

Old 04-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glove box won't open either in valet mode. Same thing happened to with my 2004 XJ8. Unlocking the trunk with the key took it out of valet mode. I think it beeped also, but I had the other doors locked. Unlocking them stopped the beeping.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks like i'm having this issue also. I hit the valet button by mistake trying to open the trunk (boot) and now my glove box and trunk are locked. I can open the trunk with the key fob. Problem is, the lock and unlock buttons on the 1 fob I have stopped working last week. Panic and trunk buttons work just fine.

I've tried opening the door with that key, but that doesn't deactivate valet mode. Any other ideas?

Old 04-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 224 Posts

You tried leaning down, as heavily as you can, on the trunk lid while you tried the key in the lock ? It may (may) take the strain off the lock mechanism and make it easier to open.

Then again it may not, but what the hell ... it's worth a try.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

I got it. I had to lock, unlock, and start the car with the valet key, then unlock with the key attached to the key fob.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Default XJ8 stuck in valet mode

per the suggestions, moved key to the unlock mode in driver door, twice, then tried trunk....opened like a charm. Glove box, no problem. Thanks to those who posted, you saved us at least a couple hundred dollars !

Old 05-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

My locksmith made a blank key when cutting a new one. The blank Fits the lock but needs the transponder to work like a valet key. It will work if my real key is close enough.

Last edited by Rancheroguy; 05-04-2021 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Responded to wrong post first.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:43 AM

my 04 vdp is stuck on valet mode tried the key but it wont even open the trunk my key fob wont work and i replaced the battery and still wont work it use too work and then it will go off then work again and now the key fob dont work and i cant get in my trunk or glove camparment any help??? also i have a few more questions how you know the air suspension compressor needs replacement and the 2nd question when i cold start the car the engine shakes and can smell gas inside after is warmed up the car dosent shake anymore but sometimes it has a little hesitation when accelerating any help on any of these inbox me please and thank you.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,217 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Can you DIY the repairs?
If not take it to a shop and be ready to spend thousands of dollars.
As your car has multiple problems that shows a complete lack of repair and maintenance. That is pretty much what kills used Jaguar's.

Unless you really like the car and want to spend the money you will be ahead to get rid of the car now.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:10 AM

i kept up with maintanence since i got it i think it could be a ignition coil messing up because also my check engine ligth flashes but goes away.And even if i did wanna sell it i dont have any potential buyers but i dont mind spending the money too fix it up i had this jag for 3 years and it rarely gives me issues.Literally have taken it from tn to colorado and back and then to tx and back plenty times.But i do want suggestions on what parts i migth need or what it could be.

Quick Reply: Stuck in Valet Mode