XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Suncore

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:59 PM
Received 188 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Suncore

DON B.

Have you any info on their Reman Air Shocks?

New Goodyear Bladders, new HYD oil for the Shocks (if needed), Retains CATS,
Completely remanufactured, a pair of front Comfort for under $700. Plus $50 rebate when old cores are returned, One year warranty. Sounds pretty good to me for a less expensive way to go.

Your comments?

Cheers

The following users liked this post:
charliepace (02-03-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 06:26 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Schexnayder
Have you any info on their Reman Air Shocks?

New Goodyear Bladders, new HYD oil for the Shocks (if needed), Retains CATS,
Completely remanufactured, a pair of front Comfort for under $700. Plus $50 rebate when old cores are returned, One year warranty. Sounds pretty good to me for a less expensive way to go.

Cheers
I'd be interested in any feedback as well. I'm laboring over how I want to renew one bad front spring on my '04 XJR w/Sport suspension.

I saw that Suncore has rebuilts listed, including - specifically - Sport suspension springs. Their website even specifies "This Air Strut is only for vehicles With SPORT suspension."

So, I called them this past Friday to inquire and asked if these were indeed for a Sport suspension - not Comfort or anything in between. The gentleman on the phone said he thought they were all the same. Hmm. I pressed him on it since the website is very clear. He put me on hold to check and came back and said they were all the same.

So, I'm not quite sure what you get when you buy them, ride-wise. I would not, however, replace a single spring with one of theirs - you won't know what you're getting relative to the spring on the other side.

FWIW, this does seem to be the approach most aftermarket manufacturers are taking - a single shock to cover both variants - e.g., Bilstein's and Arnott's.

I have no experience with Suncore other than this.

Regards,
Odysseus

Old 02-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

off the top of my head....when I did my big research into options I found some very mixed reviews on them. Customer service if you had issues with one was less than stellar.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Their web site shows both comfort and sport with different part numbers. The price is right.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Clamdigger
Their web site shows both comfort and sport with different part numbers.
Yes it does. Unfortunately, their sales rep told me that, regardless of what the website says, they were the same part. Wouldn't surprise me if you get a different answer...

Regards,
Odysseus

Old 02-05-2016, 11:45 AM

When I called the company, I first spoke with a lady. When I asked to talk to a tech rep, she put me on hold and when the "tech Rep" came on the line and I asked him a couple of questions, he sounded as if he was just grabbed coming out of the head and didn't know the answer to anything.

Not saying anything bad about the company, I think the answer is, their phone answering folks just need to be trained a little more--maybe a whole lot more. They sound clueless as to what's going on.

It would only stands to reason, that if they reman the air shocks and the shocks still retain the CATS system, that the sport and comfort versions would be part of the system of the reman's. What one would get if ordering them, would be left up in the air until installed on the vehicle. In other words, you wouldn't know what you had until on the car--and then unless you knew the difference in the two types of rides, you still may not know.

They just need to update their upfront personnel as to what the company is really doing. Maybe someone, in the know, from the company will read this and any other's comments and make some important changes.

Cheers

Last edited by Chuck Schexnayder; 02-05-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:22 PM

I just sent a copy of my post (above) to SUNCORE, so maybe something will come from it.

Will keep you all informed if I receive a reply.

Cheers

Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck Schexnayder

It would only stands to reason, that if they reman the air shocks and the shocks still retain the CATS system, that the sport and comfort versions would be part of the system of the reman's. What one would get if ordering them, would be left up in the air until installed on the vehicle. In other words, you wouldn't know what you had until on the car--and then unless you knew the difference in the two types of rides, you still may not know.

Cheers
I've read that the struts are the same; it's the size of the bladder that determines Sport vs Comfort. So maybe, when they rebuild the springs, they use the same bladder for all, which would explain why they told me that the Sport and Comfort units were the same.

It'll be interesting to see how they respond to your inquiry. Please do keep us posted.

Regards,
Odysseus