XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Updated nav map DVD sources?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loaded the Ioffer DVD today. It booted up for about 4 minutes, then worked perfectly! It has more options than the 2003 version and it changes the logo screen from green to black. My new 911 address is recognized now as it was not in the older version.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by XJRTrooper
Six Rotors,

Please let me know what you find out.
I gave up on this guy---heard nothing.I bought one from the iOffer guy and it arrived today.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 PM

Hi Folks,

Great thread. Lot's of helpful information. I tried the Pirate Bay for a download of the latest disc, but there are not enough seeders to make it work.

So, I am in the market for a real one. I checked iOffers.com and found the seller, but he doesn't have the Nav disk listed for sale. I sent him a question. Will see what comes of it. If anyone knows of a current weblink for the DVD, please post it.

Second, I am in California. So, I would be happy to split the difference with an East Coast Forum Member. Please drop me a line if you are interested. I found it on special at Chantilly Jaguar, fwiw.
Jaguar Parts Specials

Thanks!

-Burt

Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been running the ioffer disc for nearly a year now with no problems.... great product at a great price!

Old 08-21-2013, 05:54 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by thxalot
Hi Folks,

Great thread. Lot's of helpful information. I tried the Pirate Bay for a download of the latest disc, but there are not enough seeders to make it work.

So, I am in the market for a real one. I checked iOffers.com and found the seller, but he doesn't have the Nav disk listed for sale. I sent him a question. Will see what comes of it. If anyone knows of a current weblink for the DVD, please post it.

Second, I am in California. So, I would be happy to split the difference with an East Coast Forum Member. Please drop me a line if you are interested. I found it on special at Chantilly Jaguar, fwiw.
Jaguar Parts Specials

Thanks!

-Burt

I have a 2013 XKR. I sold my 2011 XKR175 and used the ioffer disc (2011-12) which is not the most current. He advertised it as the most current. My new 2013, also, came with the 2011-12) disc set. If Jaguar doesn't provide me with the current disc set, 2012-13, I will go in on your offer to share a set as long as the set will work on both your car and my car.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

The updates come out every two years, so the current one is 2011-2012. The next one will be 2013-2014. The iOffer disc is a pirated copy of the Navtech disk, so I wouldn't call it a "great product at a great price," but it works just like the original. If you know anyone with a current disc you can just copy it.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcgann
The updates come out every two years, so the current one is 2011-2012. The next one will be 2013-2014. The iOffer disc is a pirated copy of the Navtech disk, so I wouldn't call it a "great product at a great price," but it works just like the original. If you know anyone with a current disc you can just copy it.

There is a 2012-13 update available for the XK.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the contact info for the iOffer seller, or any other sources for either the 2011-2012 or 2013-2014 discs (US/Canada, West Coast) I have a 2003 X-Type I just got and want to update the Nav Firmware and Maps, I can't seem to find the link on iOffer anymore

Old 08-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

born2wice, sent you a PM!

Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H20boy
born2wice, sent you a PM!
Thx for that!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM

I found the iOffer Guy too. For anyone interested, you can reach him on gmail username "tcmartin".
Just bought a west coast disc.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just got my Nav disk for the ioffer guy, it works great !

Thanks guys !

Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Angry Brand new Navigation DVD not working

Hello eveybody,

Guys I am frustated with my brand new Navigation DVD 2011-2012 sent by the dealer from where I got my 2004 Jaguar XJ8, it is not showing map on the Nav console unit screen, it reads:
" Inserted DVD it is not a map DVD"
And before buying the Jag two weeks ago I mentioned to the sales man while tying the vehicle that the Navigation DVD was missing from the DVD unit in trunk therefore i was not able to test the navigation, He sais they will send the DVD to me and they did.

Any advise or comment guys on this issue will help, I must say that this is the most recent updated Nav DVD from Jaguar. i also noticed that when I touch the Nav DVD unit in trunk it was really hot, I called the dealer and they said that I need to take the Jag back to them (4 hrs from my home) so they can take a look at it. I mention to them that if the Navigation was not tested by me due to the fact that not DVD was present at that moment they shoukd replace the Nav DVD player in tunk for free and they stated that they are not sure about that for free. It is a big dissapointment to me.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Received 255 Likes on 143 Posts

"rf69" if your Nav unit is displaying "Inserted DVD it is not a map DVD", the dealer sent you a copy as I discovered a few weeks ago. It may appear original but, the burning process or the type of DVD is not readable. I got a disk from the "iOffer guy" and it works perfect!

Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by reyesl
"rf69" if your Nav unit is displaying "Inserted DVD it is not a map DVD", the dealer sent you a copy as I discovered a few weeks ago. It may appear original but, the burning process or the type of DVD is not readable. I got a disk from the "iOffer guy" and it works perfect!
Thanks for the reply, I guess so I am going to tell them that to see what they said . And I went to the ioffer.com website and it says " item not found" to me after I typed in search , jaguar xj8 navigatio DVD , since this guy was selling it back in 2011-12 I guess he is not longer doing it or. He got caught I do not really know I am going to try EBay but it won't be cheap

Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You could always buy an un-pirated nav disk update directly from Navteq. If I remember correctly, they charge roughly $200, and I didn't have to cross my fingers that I might be shipped an expensive coffee cup coaster while trying to save a couple bucks for a pirated copy.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

The iOffer disc is a copy. I keep iso images of all my important discs so I can burn a new copy if I start havng trouble with one. Last winter I was having trouble with my nav disc I burned from the iOffer image but I didn't have any blank dvd's, so I put the original iOffer disc in the drive. I'm now getting the same "The disc is not a map disc" error, so I need to get some blank dvd's and make a new copy.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by rhankey
You could always buy an un-pirated nav disk update directly from Navteq. If I remember correctly, they charge roughly $200, and I didn't have to cross my fingers that I might be shipped an expensive coffee cup coaster while trying to save a couple bucks for a pirated copy.
I know that I went to this website Navigation.com/jaguar and after you make the selection for your car it shows an updated version for the 2004 XJ8 ( in my case) it cost $199 plus tax and shipping I guess but I am just afraid of buying it what about if it does not work!! I am going to keep trying in EBay but so far what I have found it is the one old version from 2003-2004 and I do not want that one it is like a Dinosour nowadays

Old 09-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rf69
I know that I went to this website Navigation.com/jaguar and after you make the selection for your car it shows an updated version for the 2004 XJ8 ( in my case) it cost $199 plus tax and shipping I guess but I am just afraid of buying it what about if it does not work!! I am going to keep trying in EBay but so far what I have found it is the one old version from 2003-2004 and I do not want that one it is like a Dinosour nowadays
Given you are getting a message that you inserted the wrong sort of disk, I personally would presume your nav system does work, and only needs a good disk.

In the unlikely event the previous owner had updated to a newer disk, it is possible your nav system will not permit you to go back to an older disk. When you first insert the disk, it would appear to upgrade firmware, and many electronic devices don't permit downgrading firmware.

I can confirm the ver 1 disk that came with the 2004 MY cars when new is next to useless in many parts of the US. The old disk was good for most of Southern Ontario where I previous resided, but was next to useless for NC where I currently reside and with some of our road trips. It was missing many roads/hwy's and addresses that have been around for decades. The new disk fixed that, and is understandably only missing a few very new roads. I can finally go back to depending on it without having to carry paper maps too.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by VegasVP
Well, the new disk is in hand and, while I haven't used it to find a destination, I did zoom in on the new bridge which bypasses Boulder Dam and... it was there!

So, I don't know if they're 'authorized' copies (probably not) but the one delivered to me for $56.xx (versus $199+tax & shipping from Jag) looks the part and seems to play the part as well. It honestly looks like a legit OEM disk with the embossed label printed on the face of the disk...

I'd recommend the disk to anybody looking to update their maps for 75% off retail. I'll keep using it and will definitely let you know if that opinion changes but for now, the Guinea Pig has spoken
Thanks to txbrit for the lead on this!

Cheers,
Vance
The item is not longer available , thanks for the info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Updated nav map DVD sources?