XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

1996 VDP Daimler X300 4.0 XJI6 Cigar Cigarette Lighter

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1996 VDP Daimler X300 4.0 XJI6 Cigar Cigarette Lighter

There are a number of interesting and descriptive posts which helped me tremendously in figuring out how to find and replace the fuse which provides power to the Cigarette lighters. However the lack of pictures was such that I did not feel confident that the path I was taking was exactly what I needed to do. The other posts were unhelpful in some of their remarks which turned out to be related to some other vintage XJ's. Hope if anyone else has a dead lighter this will empower them to take out the Phillips and get it sorted as it is in fact a very simple job. Thanks for the pointers that got me moving in the right direction to begin with.
Take care,
Lee

Although fairly descriptive graphic display it still leaves one with questions as to where the fuse for the Cigarette lighters is. It is in fact under the LH toe kick under the rear passenger seat.

That screw is all that secures the toe kick in place although there are some positional mounting points.

A Phillips head which some of the less astute refer to as a Star head screw. Once removed the toe kick is easily removed.

This is the array of relay modules and Fuse panel behind the LH Toe kick panel under the Drivers side rear seat.

The reference schematic under the bonnet indicates the Cigarette lighters fuse is in position 9F which is bottom left in the picture 20AMP fuse

Never use anything except a fuse puller to remove the fuse for inspection. You could use all manner of other tools and pointy items but the potential for creating more harm than good outweighs the convenience. This fuse puller is with the spare fuses in the RH compartment under the bonnet.

The Offending fuse link which was over taxed at some point in its life. The compartment under the engine bonnet inboard of the RH fender has a complete set of spare fuses as well as a fuse puller.