XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

1997 X300 XJR occasionally dies at idle, unknown codes B30F4 & P13B0

Old 04-29-2019, 09:31 AM
Received 12,719 Likes on 6,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Erma_Balls
Hey Al,
I am working through a similar set of symptoms. I notice on my car, when the engine cuts out and recovers the air injection pump cycles. This suggests that despite not going through a ignition key cycle, the ECU is encountering the equivalent. Have you experienced similar behaviour?
best of luck,
Hi Erma,

It helps the rest of us think through issues if you will include the year, model and engine of your Jaguar. The easiest way to do this is to use your User Control Panel (User CP) to edit your signature and add these details so they will appear in all of your posts.

Cheers,

Don

Old 04-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

Well, I have the car back, and so far replacing the IACV seems to have fixed the problem.

Now, I'm not willing to call it a complete success yet until I've had a few days and few hundred miles on the clock, but so far it looks good. Keeping fingers crossed as not to jinx it.

...of course now the ABS/Trac-Fail lights are lit, but believe it or not after this ordeal that really doesn't bother me because I already know what that likely is. Sad but true

Old 04-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked the 4 wheel sensor wire pairs for 1300 ohms of fundamental resistance ?

next step sensor cleaning

It's me Lady Penelope

Thanks , Parker

The following users liked this post:
Don B (04-30-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Parker
Have you checked the 4 wheel sensor wire pairs for 1300 ohms of fundamental resistance ?

next step sensor cleaning

It's me Lady Penelope

Thanks , Parker

Thanks!

Heh, why did you change your userid? (more Thunderbirds references I see )

But no, I haven't begun troubleshooting yet. That was my planned approach, address the simplest options first.

1) Check and clean sensors
2) Clean sensing ring tooth gaps, specifically in the rear as they can get gunked up
3) Check wiring
4) Check and re-solder power connector studs in ABS module

And actually, the ABS/Trac-fail lights went out for a full day, so I was hopeful that maybe something just needed to be "exercised" since the car hasn't been driven much in 18 months, but alas the lights came back on during the drive home. But I'll give it a week or so of driving to see if it still goes away on its own after the car has stretched its legs. If not I'll dive into repairing it. Again though, this doesn't really bother me too much as the parameters of this failure are well documented

But so far, it seems to be running fine. I stress tested it in several modes that were in the past quite reliable to cause the stalling, and couldn't get it to fail. So again, keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the help!

The following users liked this post:
SleekJag12 (05-10-2019)