XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Damper doctor

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Damper doctor

Has anyone had any dealings with Damper doctor?

In April, I sent them a used damper from home, in the UK for them to rebuild. After paying and waiting for the rebuild (which went fine) I heard nothing for months. I sent several, very polite emails asking for a tracking number etc - no reply. It took opening a Paypal case to get any kind of response from them. Apparently the damper got as far as the UK, but couldn't be delivered so waited in the PO for the allotted time before being returned to the sender. I had no proof of any attempt at delivery, and had no tracking number, so had no way to know where my item was.

Paypal awarded me a refund, as I paid Damper doctor for rebuild and delivery through them (thank goodness) but I have still lost £80 purchasing the used damper and the initial postage to the USA. Also, I am still stuck with a deteriorating damper.

I just thought i'd make folk aware of my dealings. All that was required from Damper doctor was little one email to say what the tracking number was, or where the item was or similar, but I had nothing from them - they didn't even respond to the Paypal case (except for adding a tracking number).

Rant over.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (07-21-2014)
Old 07-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Received 12,737 Likes on 6,379 Posts

Originally Posted by TomSaintJames
Rant over.

Tom,

Thanks for sharing your experience - since I have recommended Damper Doctor in the past I'll have to reconsider!

It's not uncommon for items shipped internationally to be held up in customs (I once had a very expensive piece of electronics lost in the Hong Kong customs), but the lack of communication from Damper Doctor is entirely inexcusable.

Thanks again for making us aware of your ordeal.

Cheers,

Don