XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Help! 96 XJ6 Front Speakers Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 96 XJ6 Front Speakers Installation

Hi everyone, can someone please help with front speakers installation? If the doors needs to be taken apart, anyone has guides? THanks so much!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:33 AM

hi, yes you do have to take the entire door panel apart, its quite east, just a few steps. First on the door inner handle there is a black screw cover you need to pop that off and unscrew a tiny black screw. Then you will remove the wood insert, and there will be 3 screws behind that, you remov those as well, and then from there you will see excally what screws you need to remove to take off the door panel, it only takes about 5 min to remove, and just foloow the same way to put it back togather, good luck.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Continuing Rocafella's instructions, the door panel is a two piece design. Once you have removed the upper portion of the door panel, the lower portion needs to be removed. On the bottom side of the handle that you grab to shut the door, there is a small plastic cap snapped into place that hides one phillips head screw that must be removed.

After that, the bottom portion of the panel is secured with plastic panel retainers, which are removed by prying carefully and evenly.

The next step would be to disconnect the related wires running to the panel, and set it aside, and the speakers are attached with yet more, phillips head screws.

Fairly straightforward, don't let it frighten you.

Also, rear door speakers follow the exact same procedure for removal/replacement.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i installed my door speakers i removed the factory speaker covers. I would suggest to leave those on because the door is very thick and screws will probably not go all the way through to mount the cover
________
Free Xxx Amateur Videos

Last edited by jhxj6; 03-23-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Default Speakers for X300

What size speakers, what watage and what brand of speakers are ideal for the X300?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had Razor 5.25's all around, but i was broke at the time.

I'd see if you can find some infinity reference speakers that you can make fit

as far as wattage, if you feel like wiring in an amp somewhere, sky's the limit

Last edited by panchostatus; 01-10-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Videomaker,
I replaced all 4 door speakers with Fusion speakers, freely available in NZ - mine were from Dick Smiths.
From memory they were 5 1/2 inch, 25 Watt, 4 Ohm
They were not expensive, but sound great!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:40 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by videomaker
What size speakers, what watage and what brand of speakers are ideal for the X300?
With great respect 'videomaker', you seem to know little about car audio. This is not a criticism because why should you!
You ask 'what wattage'. Speakers don't have a wattage power as many seem to think. Some are under the impression that if they install say, 50 watt speakers, they will be more powerful that 25 watt.
The quoted wattage on a speaker is supposed to represent the power it can TAKE from an amplifier before distorting or overloading. However some manufacturers use different standards to measure the wattage and in truth, such figures are meaningless.
In summary, it all depends how far you want to go. Replacing the speakers and retaining the standard Jaguar radio will give you nothing! I replaced the radio with an Alpine head unit, added a 4 channel Alpine amplifier installed in the boot (trunk!). Also I replaced the door speakers and added tweeter units on the top of the dash.
Do your research on the net about car audio if you want to do the job properly.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 PM

I thought I'd make a bump here on a related door removal issue. II can't seem to remove the lower panel. I've undone the retainers on the underside of the door and the one screw on the underside of the upper armrest and it is still being held on by something.

There seems to be something at the rear of the door around the base of the armrest holding it together.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by argatoga
I thought I'd make a bump here on a related door removal issue. II can't seem to remove the lower panel. I've undone the retainers on the underside of the door and the one screw on the underside of the upper armrest and it is still being held on by something.

There seems to be something at the rear of the door around the base of the armrest holding it together.
When I have removed the lower panel I have had to remove the whole panel in order to do so, but some models may vary in this respect.
My advice, take the whole door panel off.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by argatoga

Aratoga have you read Panchos post no 3 above. Also what exact model year are you working on because there are some trim style differences which can give rise to different screw locations.

Example, a great long one, behind the red warning light which is only accesible when you have prised off the lense. (certain trim styles).

Cheers,

Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts