XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

I bet no one has seen or heard of this happening

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I bet no one has seen or heard of this happening

Hey everyone. I haven't been on in a while. After cleaning up my jag and it running decent, I have in to my uncle and sold to him to help him out. This was about 4 months ago. I was very hesitant because I knew the way he takes care of his vehicle. Anyway, I did it any way.

I'll name a few of the things he's broken or tore up and then I'll get to the point. He broke not one but 2 center console cup holders. Everyone knows those ain't cheap. He has pretty much destroyed the drivers side door panel. The bottom section to the front bumper is now cracked in the middle. The brand new splash guard I put on is now missing. I could go on but I wanna tell y'all how he maybe destroyed the car and hopefully you can guide me in fixing it.

Ok. Here's his story. You won't believe this! The cooling fan control relay was hanging down in front of the left front tire. He knew this but instead of attaching it up out of the way, he left it hanging there. He hit a pot hole and somehow the wire attached to the relay got wound up in the wheel/tire and tore that whole wiring harness apart. You should see the mess it created! Wires just ripped apart by sheer force lol.

Back when I owned this car I had purchased a 97 xj6L to use as a parts car. It came complete. I had been trying to part it out but no luck. So I offered my uncle 300$ to buy back the one I sold him and we are supposed to finalize the transaction tomorrow but I wanted to everyone's advice first.

Would this be a smart investment if it's just that wiring harness that needs replaced? I already have the harness off the 97 ready to go. But are they even compatible? I haven't been able to do much research cause this all happened so quick. This site has helped me so much in the past and I'm looking for any help I can get. Thanks.

Oh I don't have much info on the car. It's a 96 xj6 with prolly a lil less than 150k miles on it. If I left out anything or if you need anymore info, let me know. Thanks again

Old 04-29-2016, 03:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 470 Posts

Just check to see if the two cars use the same part no# for the relay and that should answer your question . If so then chanses are the wiring colour codes may even be the same ! Should be a breeze if it's all the same ! At the price you repurchased the car for then buying another second hand part loom and relay shouldn't break the bank anyways !