XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

New to forum: hoping to find some advice RE: Steering Column

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum: hoping to find some advice RE: Steering Column

My name is Saub, I live in Indiana and my Jag xj6 (x300) has 176k miles but runs perfectly besides a knocking from the rear right wheel well area, which i've narrowed down to several possible fixes, none of which i have the mechanical know-how to do myself, but found a wealth of informtion from this website, very happy to have found this forum. I'm new to this whole forum idea, but i was instructed i should be posting my questions in the (x300) section. This is my first Jag, and I hope to keep this thing around for the rest of my days, beautiful design inside and out, just amazing the thought they put into every little itty bitty detail to make everything luxurious. I have had all the settings saved for my driverside preferences, although the steering column will occational retreat back in towards the car, I can pull it back out and occationally it will reset outward again, but the other half of the time it refuses to cooperate and retreats back in. But yet the motor works perfectly tilting up nd down now problem. I understand this mechanism is very advanced seeing how it raises and retracts exery time i enter or exit the car, but it is very inconvenient when driving (especially turning). I've tried adjusting the (auto/off) knob but can't seem to keep the column extended permanently while driving. If anyone could help me out with any ideas i would greatly appreatiate it. Thank you
Saub

Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

As you are new to forums, I'd suggest you use the 'search' function. Click on the 'Search' tab along the black toolbar near the top of the screen. Type in 'steering reach cable' or similar, select the forum you want to search (X300) and see what comes up.