XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Stalling issue/Hesitation... help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling issue/Hesitation... help...

hi everyone, I am having a problem with when I am chilling at a light and go to take off, the car hesitates, and the check engine light will immulate for a quick second while the car is hesitating and then go away. I scanned for codes and NOTHING. The car will also stall once in a while, if i put it in Reverse, or sometimes on a slow take off in Drive.
I recently went to a local Jaguar repair shop that has Jaguar software, and a BAD TPS Sensor was reported. I was also told that the MAF Sensor had low voltage on it. So earlier this morning I went to have my TPS sensor installed, and it seemed fine, no shake in drive, but then after a few minutes of driving, it once again started to hesitate on a take off, and the check engine light would immulate, just as it was doing prior to installing the new TPS sensor. Now I ordered a NEW MAF from the UK, should be arriving next week sometime.
Am I looking in the right spot? Jaguar was only able to find a TPS Sensor code, and a low voltage on the MAF sensor. If the MAF dosent work, what should I be looking at next? I even heard as far as torque converter too????? Please help me if anyone can, thank you!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MLRocafella85
hi everyone, I am having a problem with when I am chilling at a light and go to take off, the car hesitates, and the check engine light will immulate for a quick second while the car is hesitating and then go away. I scanned for codes and NOTHING. The car will also stall once in a while, if i put it in Reverse, or sometimes on a slow take off in Drive.
I recently went to a local Jaguar repair shop that has Jaguar software, and a BAD TPS Sensor was reported. I was also told that the MAF Sensor had low voltage on it. So earlier this morning I went to have my TPS sensor installed, and it seemed fine, no shake in drive, but then after a few minutes of driving, it once again started to hesitate on a take off, and the check engine light would immulate, just as it was doing prior to installing the new TPS sensor. Now I ordered a NEW MAF from the UK, should be arriving next week sometime.
Am I looking in the right spot? Jaguar was only able to find a TPS Sensor code, and a low voltage on the MAF sensor. If the MAF dosent work, what should I be looking at next? I even heard as far as torque converter too????? Please help me if anyone can, thank you!
In my experience, the issue you state is "typical" with a MAF that is going bad (with almost any vehicle).

I wouldn't consider the torque converter - where did you get that info from?