XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Super Charger Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Super Charger Parts List

Decided after replacing the nose fluid in my 14yo XJR SC twice that it was time to send it out and tighten up the engine. I was hoping that replacing the fluid would quiet it down, BUT the damage is done now. My 98 XJR has a 127K, but I replaced the motor with another motor with 60k 10k ago.

I need help with the following.

I am going to do the R&R myself and was looking for assistance for the following to cut costs and reduce delays/improve the "fun" of the repair, because it is fun.

I would like to replace ALL the rubber hoses assocated with the super charger and the heater box. ( I am going to make my own vac lines to save on costs and also heat shrink/wrap them)

1) Has anyone kept an organized parts list #'s from prior r&r for the seals, gaskets, hoses and etc? fingers crossed?

2) For the money and end product is PSE the best source? Eurotoyz has some sort of agreement with them for porting, polishing, 2.5lb pulley upgrade, to save costs was going to reach out to them directly to save costs. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

3) I have tried several Jag dealers parts suppliers and I am happy with the service and securing the right parts the 1st time, but would like to save on costs and was wondering if I am missing the boat on some other supplier? I have used URO before and they seem to have good prices and fit. suggestions?

4) I have a cold air intake now, but would like to have some ideas for rerouting the cold air intake/No scoops. Was thinking for the passenger side front wheel area or front of bumper . pictures if any? What is the best materials and suggestions for the companies that offer? I have a couple of friends that have done some rather interesting stuff for materials but not on a jag. One is a plumber and the other an A/C guy. yep you guessed it, he came off his throttle with an adapter then ran the rest in 3inch pvc for Tahoe and the other fella ran sheetmetal round about the size you would use a dryer vent and insulated the outside. I am really up for anything just want cold air for the motor/get it outside the engine bay.

5) Lastly ANY suggestions of parts I should change whilst having the SC off?

Thank you for reading and any responses.

Last edited by Rlover; 06-07-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

My apologies ADMIN. Please move thread to the x308 forum.

Last edited by Rlover; 06-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

I had the same problem and quickly learned that you dont have to spend alot of money if you know how to fix things yourself.. the knocking in your sc is most likely the coupler, it is a small plastic part that wears out over time. simply remove the nose of the sc, while it is still on the car, remove and replace the new coupler. It is that simple, put the sc nose back on and refill with fluid. take you about 30 min and you saved lots. I have done this myself. coupler and or kits can be had on ebay for pennies compared to what they want to charge you for a rebuilt. taking off the sc is a monster job and most likely is unnecessary.