XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

XJ6 Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default XJ6 Alarm problem

I just locked my jags doors first time and its thief alarm system went on after 30sec and it shouted 30sec and then went silence, i used key. Then i tried with remote twice right button so it goes deadlock, i dont know difference between deadlock and "normal" lock. Again same thing 30sec and it starts shouting and 30sec it stops.
When i lock doors with pressing once right button, it locks doors and stays silence, and i unlock doors by pressin left button once.

Im not sure do i know how to use locking system etc but all doors, bonnet and luggage compartment are closed.

I can now lock doors but only with remote... is there anyway to disable security alarm system, i dont need deadlock or alarm cos if someone wanna steal car why steal almost 20 years old car when there is brand new audis and bmw's...

Remote
http://www.xjkltd.co.uk/images/cache..._809802724.png

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Received 315 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by NIgor
I just locked my jags doors first time and its thief alarm system went on after 30sec and it shouted 30sec and then went silence, i used key. Then i tried with remote twice right button so it goes deadlock, i dont know difference between deadlock and "normal" lock. Again same thing 30sec and it starts shouting and 30sec it stops.
When i lock doors with pressing once right button, it locks doors and stays silence, and i unlock doors by pressin left button once.

Im not sure do i know how to use locking system etc but all doors, bonnet and luggage compartment are closed.

I can now lock doors but only with remote... is there anyway to disable security alarm system, i dont need deadlock or alarm cos if someone wanna steal car why steal almost 20 years old car when there is brand new audis and bmw's...

Remote
http://www.xjkltd.co.uk/images/cache..._809802724.png
When you press the right button once, you are locking the car, and that's all. But when you press it a second time, you are then also setting the alarm. You should hear a little "beep" sound after the second press. If the alarm is going off, then it seems as though there is something wrong with the system. Usually it is a door not properly closed, or the boot or the bonnet. Also having a widow slightly open can cause this.

The normal event in this situation is for the alarm system not to set properly and so, it lets you know that something isn't right. Even with doors and windows etc. properly closed, the little switches within these items, can sometimes fail, or have a bad electrical connection, and so, they send the wrong message to the alarm system.

So, if you just want to lock the car, with no alarm set, just press the right button once.

By the way, when the alarm is set, (by pressing right button twice,) pressing the right button again, should turn on your headlights. Useful for getting to your car in a dark place. Then press the left button once to turn off the alarm and unlock the car.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
JulianXJ6 (05-07-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:56 AM

yesterday i pressed right button once and doors locked after 15 min alarm started shout

Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Check your battery voltage after the car has not been run for two or three hours.
No guarantees but low voltage can do strange things.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:41 AM

Battery is brand new, i bought it week ago. Do you know any way disable alarm system. removin any fuse or relay? very annoying fault, i cant lock doors.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Dead locking means you cannot open the doors even from the inside.

Second press of button on fob invokes dead locking.

You may find that the bonnet alarm switch may need adjusting.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there--
did you ever find a way to completely disable the anti theft alarm system?
if so, HOW!?!?!
thanks!

Old 08-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would lie t store my x-type with a battery disconnect but cannot lock the vehicle at that stage! any suggestions?