XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Fuel pump shopping for xjr ..Help please..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

When I did my XKRs pair of fuel pumps, I went with the cheap airtex pumps and socks. I went with Jaguar OEM link leads in tank and would absolutely NEVER do this job without doing that too. I did the wires, pumps, socks, and in line fuel filter (the one under the body near the back of the lhd drivers door). This was in 2011 and 33k miles ago, so I'd call the job successful!

I used a modified piece of copper pipe to push on the plastic fuel line disconnect tool, and a piece of rope to pull on the fuel line once the tool disconnected (only have so many hands, this was pulled by my teeth lol). I have since done this for a friend and can get the tank lounges disconnected in under an hour for sure now despite maybe several times that the first time.

The following users liked this post:
Xjr400hp (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your input highhorse, I'm saving all the info from y'all about this special tool for fuel line connector. I'm not making any tool Yet,but I know I will be ready when the time comes, which coming this weekend....

I'm ordering denso 950-0172 fuel pumps with accessories, but Now ill research little more about those rubber mounts. Thanks yeldogt.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 254 Posts

I disconnected the parking brake cable which gave me enough access to actually reach and disconnect both fuel lines with just the plastic disconnect tool I bought at the local auto parts store. I had little or no trouble disconnecting or connecting those lines. I stressed a LOT over it before hand because of all the horror stories.

Maybe it won't be so bad! Good luck.