XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts

davea9988

It appears that the JEPCIndex.hta file on your PC is either corrupted or missing.

That error "Not a valid Win32 application" - here the information I found on the internet:

If the file or program you're attempting to run is corrupt or missing, Windows will be unable to execute the file properly and sometimes generate this error message.

Here is the information about the JEPCIndex.hta file on my PC:

Compare what is in your C:\JEPC\applications\JEPC\html folder to what I have illustrated in this post, also right click your JEPCIndex.hta file and select properties and compare the information.

You may have to to download the JEPC.exe file again and reinstall the JEPC.

What is your PC operating system (win7 64 bit or ?????)?

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepcindexfileinformation_zps8dfb0d17.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-18-2014 at 10:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
davea9988 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimlombardi
davea9988

It appears that the JEPCIndex.hta file on your PC is either corrupted or missing.

That error "Not a valid Win32 application" - here the information I found on the internet:

If the file or program you're attempting to run is corrupt or missing, Windows will be unable to execute the file properly and sometimes generate this error message.

Here is the information about the JEPCIndex.hta file on my PC:

Attachment 80908

Compare

You may have to to download the JEPC.exe file again and reinstall the JEPC.

cheers I will try download it again. thanks for the reply and I will keep you updated.
regards
dave

ps I am running windows 7 32bit

Last edited by davea9988; 04-18-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: more information
Old 04-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Many thanks for sharing this - much appreciated.

Just to echo previous comments re the log in problem - the folders HAVE to be in the c:\ location.

Thanks.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member
Default Jaguar model Introduction PDF file access in JEPC

I was reading the JEPC help (JEPC ver 3 User Guide) accessed by click on the help menu option at top right part of the menu and found "How to view A Pages (Intro Pages)" on page number 42 -

All models when displayed in the tree
view have a red ‘i’ icon next to the
name – click on this icon to launch the
A Pages for that model.

The following jpeg I created is from snapshots I took of some of the 12 page Intro PDF file (if you right click the image and choose open file in new tab and get larger view, also use your browser zoom to increase the entire post):

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepcjxx308introductionsnapshots_zpse4b7935e.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-20-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Still no luck for me.
I installed a third time.
Everything is at the C:\ location.

My properties show everything as in the pics posted with the exception that my jepcv3 properties show 6 folders rather than 7 as in Jim's pics.

When I open the program there are no pictures on the right hand side.
See pics.

If there are any ideas I'll happily try them.
Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-capture1.jpg   Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-capture2.jpg  
Old 04-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Default JEPC Folders and Files

inlucemedita

Here is snapshots of my JEPCV3 folder listing (shows all 7 subfolders and 1 file that is in the Logon subfolder,

also the JEPC folder listing of some of the subfolders (especially C:\JEPC\applications\JEPC\flash\images folder that hold the images that usually are displayed). I added another snapshot in this attachment that shows JEPC folder properties - gives number of folders and files.

Click on image or right click to bring menu (click on open in new tab) to enlarge the image.

Attachment 81178

Happy Easter all!!!

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepcfoldersandfiles_zpsc775b170.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-20-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Don B (04-20-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have had no luck with this. I have tried to install twice now.
I followed the instruction's step by step. do I go for the 3rd time lucky method or would it be easier if there is a nice member in the uk that could put it on disk for me (I would of course pay for the disk and time) or would I still have the same problem?

kind regards
dave

Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

davea9988

Let us try - having you download to your PC desktop the JEPC desktop shortcut that I copied from my PC and see if it works properly on your PC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/comoxc20rx2wk9r/JEPC.lnk

You also need to compare the 2 snapshots of the folder properties for JEPC and JEPCv3 in post #57 - to the folder properties of the 2 same folders on your PC - look at the contains section number of files and folders - to make sure they are the same as my folders snapshots.

If there are not the same, then look at post #66 and review the subfolder listings there and compare to the ones on your PC.

Let me know any differences you may discover, also any error messages that may come up and then I will provide more help based on what happens.

Jim Lombardi

Don B (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 05:31 PM

Jim,
the JEPC directory is exactly like yours...down to the last byte.
I do have those images in that folder.

The jepcv3 directory only differs in that I don't have an adminq folder.

Is there anything in that folder for you? Or is it empty?
Thanks,
Inlucemedita

Old 04-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member

inlucemedita
Yes the C:\jepcv3\EPC\Data\Files\adminq folder is empty.

Try creating the empty folder as shown above and see if it fixes it.

Jim Lombardi

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 AM

Hi Jim,
I created the empty folder...but no difference.

Still no pictures show in the system.

Thanks anyway.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

davea9988
You can buy a JEPC (Jaguar Electronic Parts Catalog) DVD on Ebay. There are 4 Ebay sellers in UK.

Jim Lombardi

Old 04-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member
Default JEPC on a DVD I created today

Hi
I copied the entire JEPC folders, files and shortcuts to a DVD disk today.

Now I can run the entire JEPC from the DVD without having any of the files on the PC hard drive.

I have 3 shortcut files (each one for the different DVD drive letters that might have been assigned on a PC - drive D, drive E, and drive F.

Here a JPEG showing my windows explorer opened to Drive E with the JEPC folder and files in the top image, also the Drive F in the lower image:

It will work in Drive D, or Drive E or Drive F using the corresponding shortcuts.

If you use the DVD, then you will not have to download anything to your PC and no folders or files will have to be copied to your PC harddrive.

Since I will have to mail the DVD disk, there will be a small charge for US postal shipping.

Let me know if you want a copy of DVD.

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepcrunfromdvddisk_zpsc5b8d737.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-24-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Don B (04-23-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member

Here is more information on the newly created JEPC DVD.

Here is the information on the JEPC folders and files on the PC hard drive:

Note that the number of folders and files are the same on the DVD and the PC hard drive, but the DVD JEPC file folder is a little smaller than PC JEPC file folder (377 megs versus 378 megs) probably due to PC indexing taking up space on PC hard drive.

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepcondvddisk_zps5c84debf.jpg   Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-jepconpcharddrive_zps0b1a9e0c.jpg  
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Default Created Updated JEPC single file download

I decided to put all the folders and files into a single file JEPC download to provide a better method of downloading to a single folder on the hard drive, then moving the downloaded file to the C drive. See instructions below.

Here is the weblink to the updated JEPC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdroz6d0u8m1aql/JEPC.exe

The updated JEPC download folder and file contents:

All that needs to done is to download the updated JEPC archive file (JEPC.exe) to your PC desktop or your PC user id download folder.

Then move the JEPC.exe from (your the folder where you downloaded it to) by cut and paste to your C drive (C:\) or drag it onto your C drive (C:\).

Then run C:\JEPC.exe to extract all the folders and files (the extract will create all the folders and files on the C drive).

Copy the shortcut C Drive JEPC that is now in the C:\ folder to the desktop.

That is all that is needed to complete the install.

The Jeg image above shows the contents of the updated JEPC.exe download file, also has snapshots of the updated JEPC folders and files after the JEPC.exe is run on (from) the C drive.

The Login ID is admin (it does matter if you use lowercase or uppercase) the Login becames uppercase anyway.
The password is 123

Jim Lombardi

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-updatedjepcdownloadinfo_zpsb4841640.jpg  

Last edited by jimlombardi; 04-24-2014 at 04:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jimlombardi:
03_jagXJR (01-29-2017), Dan R (03-26-2018), Don B (04-24-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts

[QUOTE=androulakis;290481]Brought to you by BuckMR2, hosted by me. This started in the X-Type section, I moved it over to the S-Type section, but I wanted to share it with the rest of the guys with other models as well. ....>>>>>> [QUOTE END ]

Hello Androulakis....I have downloaded this for the second time without any problems.....the first time i tried to do thios a couple of years ago and it failed to work.
This is a godsend and I must thank you very much sharing this very valuable document with fellow Jaguar owners.
It's these sorts of things that makes owning Jagyaes very special.'o))

Old 05-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello,

I solved the problem with displaying the images!

You need this:
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX

Download the Windows Flash Player 13 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE)

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...3_ax_debug.exe

Greetings!

jimlombardi (05-07-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member

Bartek
There is some thing wrong with your weblink to Acrobat Flash debug, getting error message "The requested URL /pub/f...3_ax_debug.exe was not found on this server."

What version of adobe flash player did you have when you could not get the images to display in JEPC??

Jim Lombardi

Old 05-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry,
This is new link: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...3_ax_debug.exe

I have latest versions Adobe Flash.
Screen:

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.-bez%A0tytulu.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Bartek:
jimlombardi (05-07-2014), Lawrence (12-27-2015)
Old 05-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Veteran Member

Bartek
I am not sure why your Adobe Flash plugin for Internet Explorer download weblink address is to macromedia.com instead of the adobe.com.

I am always careful where I download plug-in software and advise others to download adobe stuff from the adobe website (and in this case using Internet explorer):

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

When you get to the Adobe.com webpage, you should notice that the Optional Offer for McAfee Security Scan Plus download has a checkmark in the box already.
I would remove the checkmark, unless you actually want to add McAfee software to your PC.

I noticed the Adobe Flash Player is automatically updated to the latest version in Goggle Chrome browser.

It seems to me that Adobe keeps making improvements and revisions at least a couple of times each month.

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 05-04-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Faiia (12-31-2014)

Quick Reply: Full Jaguar EPC Download, with complete install instructions.