XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Jaguar xj8 99y. Coolant water boiling and tubes is verry hard + (video) HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar xj8 99y. Coolant water boiling and tubes is verry hard + (video) HELP!!!!

Hello again.. in prewious my post i was thought that the problem is solved BUT its not! Yes the collant tubes was in wrong holes but after changing them everyting looks fine about 10minutes. After 10 minutes colant water in engine starts to boil.I have made 4 videos and i will explain all those videos to you what hapening.
1. We have instaled pressure-gauge to see what presure is in coolant system. So started engine and after 10 minutes i have turned of engine and look what is hapening. pressure gauge showing 1.5 presures and the coolant bottle cork takes just 1 pressure if the preasure is biger the cork opens tube and water frows out on the groud. The main coolant water tubes (those big ones) the passenger side tube is werry hot and werry hard it looks like it gona burst.The driver side tube is also werry hard but not like passenger and it is mutch colder than passenger. And when engine is off the presure guage shows that presure is going down and when i take tube it feels and hears that inside system water is boiling.
2.In this part i will show witchone tube is hotter and witchone is colder.
3.This part of video we are thinking maybe there in system is air buble so thats why it boils because hot air buble grows when engine is working. So we have filled all system with coolant water pushed tubes ta take out all bubles. And in video u will se i have started engine and water is flowing good everything looks like good no bubles is coming. You will say blown gasket but engine is vorking and you see there is no bubles in system. BUT!!!
4.Part of video after about 5-10minutes of engine work water is coming from engine into my bottle. So that means air is pushing water out.And when water is pushed out in my bottle u can se the bubles is coming i have pressed one tube and the bubles have comed to my bottle.And look almost all water is gone from engine into my bottle. when turn off engine water goes back into engine.
Please help me.. That car is killing me.. I have changed 2 times gaskets checked block and block heads if its not broken all hem are good. So what is wrong please tell me its so mystic!??????????????????
This is video.Use 1080 HD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmj...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,781 Likes on 2,225 Posts

I did not see in your previous thread that you replaced the water pump. If not, at least remove it and see if the impeller is still intact. It's also possible that the thermostat is not opening.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:11 AM

I have replaced water pump the wings on it is good enad its not loose on axle. Thermostat is working too i have take it out and put it in hot water it opens. and i have tryed to run engine without termostat but the same problem.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

Next of the list is a blocked radiator as far as the cooling system goes but I would also suspect a blown head gasket. The coolant may not be boiling but pressurized by gasses from combustion.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 857 Likes on 705 Posts

What is the ratio of antifreeze to water you are using? Although the amount of light is dim, the coolant lacks sufficient color (green) leading me to believe you lack enough antifreeze. 50/50 solution raises the boiling temperature of the coolant. So does pressurization. After the coolant gets to 84*C, the thermostat opens and the hoses should both get hot. Although my car is an 01, my radiator hoses do not look like yours; are you sure you are connected correctly? Next videos, hold the camera still over each area for a period of time, it is hard to discern what is happening when you move the camera all over the place.

The bubbles I see on the video do not look like a blown head gasket, looks more like air in the system. Does your technician have access to an InfraRed sensor (he points it at various spots on the radiator to check for blockage)? Any water in the engine oil? Have you run a compression check? Like you, I am running out of ideas.

Last edited by Jhartz; 12-17-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 318 Posts

Are you setting the heater controls to max heat ?
Are you getting heat in the cabin ?

If not, maybe the heater valve is stuck shut, and it is air locking in the heater matrix.
Also check that the heater pump is working.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Andre lowe- yes i have maked heating to max to HI and max blowing. air is coming hot.
Jharts - can u make photo of yours jag engine how the pipes is connected ? Maybe realy i have done something wrong ( but it looks like everything is ok) if there is water in engine oil it can make boiling water ?

Old 12-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

Making photos isn't in my repertoire. Go on JTIS (in this forum) and look at hose alignment.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

If there is coolant in the oil the oil will look like a chocolate milk shake. Check the transmission fluid also. The trans oil cooler is inside the radiator.

Please confirm. Between language and multiple posts I am sorta lost.

Have you replaced head gaskets?

Have you replaced the water pump?

I believe you said you tested the thermostat. Didn't put it in backwards did you?

Have you checked the engine temp with an IR thermometer? What reading are you getting on the dash temp gauge?

Have you done a compression test?

I believe you said a cooling system pressure gauge read 1.5 BAR, I assume, that 22psi and certainly enough to blow coolant all over the place.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Test point- I have replaced head gaskets 2 times now its new original jaguar gaskets on bouth v8 sides.
Water pump i havent tryed to replace but now i will try and will write there what hapens.
Yes i have tested termostat and i was thinking about puting in wrong side but there is no free space to put termostat wrong side.
I havent tested with ir thermometer but if water is boiling i think there is more than 90* and its strange in dash board temperature shows normal but when engine is working water is boiling and just after 15min of engine working temperature rapidly goes up in dash board.
Compression test is normal in all 8 cylinders.

AND thx guys for trying to help me! Im waiting more coments

Old 12-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member

Are the fans coming on when the water temperature gets to about 97*C? I think you need a new thermostat and water pump. Pretty cheap fix.

Once more, confirm that the engine is starting,running, and accelerating smoothly. If so, this is a water flow problem leading me to believe one of the water galleries between the head and the block is blocked (a bad head gasket install(.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 421 Posts

Are you SUUURE there is no air in the system? I bled mine and it "burped" a day later, needing more coolant.

Also, get a coolant exhaust tester to see if there is any exhaust gasses in the coolant.

My money is on air, especially since the lines were crossed earlier.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Not having the opportunity to replace a head gasket on this engine I would ask those that have is it possible to use/install a gasket set that would block water passages. I don't think I have a lock on whether this is a AJ26 or 27 engine. Differences in gaskets between them?

Old 12-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 318 Posts

After looking at the video again, are you running LPG ?

What does it run like on petrol ?

Are you following the bleeding procedures from the JTIS to the letter ?

The way the coolant rises in the plastic can does seem to point to an airlock.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:56 AM

Hello Problem solved!!! The vater pump was broken. I have changed water pump now everything is okay water not boiling. Thx you all alot my friends!

The following 2 users liked this post by larys192:
Gippsland (12-21-2014), RJ237 (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts

What a relief!! If you had checked both water pump and thermo was good I thinking head gaskets for sure.

Very happy for you. Easy fix.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:35 AM

And this is another problem with ignition Please look at this post https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...3/#post1124572