XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Nameless Perf Cats

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 293 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Nameless Perf Cats

I just checked their website and it would seem that they no longer sell the 100 and 200 cell cats.

I just phoned them and it said that they last sold a set over a year and a half ago and they no longer sell them

I guess procrastinating has its draw backs...

Anyone got any other leads or will I have to get something made up myself?

Old 09-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,341 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Magnaflow?
These look close to the Blueflame 200 Cel cats I have, I can compare measurements tomorrow - they state USA made and stainless, not sure about flanges, but a good pipe shop should be able to box it off. 100 Cel is pretty much custom order, maybe someone on the forum has a set for sale?
The O2 sensor bosses are important, I found the first time I fitted mine they kept triggering the downstream sensors (too hot) so I've a couple of cat cheaters or adaptors to shift the sensor that little bit out of the flame and hopefully a cooler sensor is a happy sensor.
MagnaFlow 200 Zeller Sport Cat Catalytic converter Jaguar XJ 8 4.0 NAW NBW 2-3 | eBay

The following users liked this post:
Count Iblis (09-18-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Count,
No offense, but probably the reason they no longer sell them is that they were not a quality product to begin with. I bought them unfortunately, and regretted it almost from the beginning. I ended up removing them after only 3 years of use and re-installed the stock cats. Many of my XJRs problems went away after that.

for what it's worth....

Old 09-21-2017, 01:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,062 Likes on 759 Posts

Am looking as well for a more cost effective cat.

I have had the larini 200 cel for iirc 8 years, but this year it wasn't able anymore to pass the yearly emission tests. Maybe not bad after about 250.000 km and some abuse, but I was hoping for more. They performed very well, never had any issues in that time, but they where also expensive, about 1000 gbp back then (included 20% donation to our local government, so vat).

As I am not expecting to do the same amount of km, I don't mind having a slightly lower quality (less precious metal) system that would last a little less, and maybe even rig my own.

@Seanb
Do you know how long these magnaflows / blueflame could last?
Be careful with o2 extenders though, the ECU is using the 2nd o2 sensor also for fuel trims. The larinies had the 2nd o2 sensor vertical on the horizontal part, and haven't experienced issues with that (also never had to use a o2 extender).

Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 AM
Received 293 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by smtguy
Count,
No offense, but probably the reason they no longer sell them is that they were not a quality product to begin with. I bought them unfortunately, and regretted it almost from the beginning. I ended up removing them after only 3 years of use and re-installed the stock cats. Many of my XJRs problems went away after that.

for what it's worth....
could you please elaborate upon your issues?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,341 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
@Seanb
Do you know how long these magnaflows / blueflame could last?
Be careful with o2 extenders though, the ECU is using the 2nd o2 sensor also for fuel trims. The larinies had the 2nd o2 sensor vertical on the horizontal part, and haven't experienced issues with that (also never had to use a o2 extender).
Andre' - I've no idea on longevity of the units I have but they are from a good company - they moved premises and now only make exhausts for motorbikes, but when Blueflame made exhausts for cars they were the only ones that were FIA approved, with that info I bought a pair and fitted them but sensors triggered.

The adapters are only thick shims so I'm hoping they cure it when I refit the exhaust system, I feel they will do as the bosses are in the correct place but the sensor sits a little too deep in the gases which I'm sure gets it too hot.

The following users liked this post:
avos (09-22-2017)