XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

SLCM wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Default SLCM wiring diagram

Hello;

I have been having a lot of problems with my SLCM.
I am on my 4th SLCM this year. They keep shorting out and my brake lights either come on and don't turn off, or don't come on at all depending on the SLCM issue at that time.

I was informed that the previous owner did something to the brake lights before I got the car.

He said something about wiring the brake lights so they would work with the ORIGINAL SLCM the car came with.

It appears that this "Fix" is now causing the problems I'm having. Unless I have another "short" somewhere. I want to trace this one first.

I need to see a wiring diagram for the SLCM. I need to see where the wires from the 2 plugs go to.
The orange wire coming from the larger plug is "Capped". Meaning that it looks like it was clipped and covered with a wire cover. Is it supposed to be capped?

As soon as I see the diagram, I should be able to figure it out. I have another SLCM on order that should be here friday and have found a place in Calif that will "rebuild" them for $ 99 bucks.

Before I go that route I want to see if I can find the problem that is causing the SLCM's to short out constantly.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Follow the link I have posted below to the Jagrepair.com website. You can download the entire 2002 electrical guide and wiring digrams.

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Thanks to forum member gus for the great web site.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 857 Likes on 705 Posts

As you search this forum you will find there are a couple of "fixes" guys do to repair brake light faults. One is to cross wire from one brake light to the other; the other is to tap off the upper brake light. RobertsDIY video, which he later disclaimed, shows one way. These would bypass the SLCM and cause errors.

But first, make sure the wheel well where this thing sits is totally dry and you have a good ground.

The following users liked this post:
JagV8 (09-13-2017)