XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

XJR Vacuum Line Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XJR Vacuum Line Diagram?

Does anyone have a diagram of vacuum line locations for a 1998 - 2002 XJR?

Or can anyone direct where these ends go, see picture below? along with the "T" piece too? I have a picture below that I have labelled A. B.C. & D. I also drew red lines that show where the other ends of the vacuum hoses are that I did not remove for this job.

Attached Thumbnails XJR Vacuum Line Diagram?-vacuum-lines-go-where.jpg  

Last edited by gocallahan; 01-26-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: pic
Old 01-27-2012, 10:49 AM

Hey guys,

More specifically, the SupeCharger By-Pass Valve that is bolted on top of the SC intake elbow (but below the air coolers).

I read this By-Pass Valve operates through a vacuum line T and hose. I have the JTIS pdf (thanks JimLombardi!) (see attached pdf, page 10) that goes over Air Intake and Distribution, but there are no pictures of what the by-pass valve looks like so I can correctly get the vacuum line with T piece attached.

Does anyone have a picture of the SC By-Pass Valve fully installed with vacuum line attached?

Attached Files
Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Received 973 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by gocallahan
Hey guys,

More specifically, the SupeCharger By-Pass Valve that is bolted on top of the SC intake elbow (but below the air coolers).

I read this By-Pass Valve operates through a vacuum line T and hose. I have the JTIS pdf (thanks JimLombardi!) (see attached pdf, page 10) that goes over Air Intake and Distribution, but there are no pictures of what the by-pass valve looks like so I can correctly get the vacuum line with T piece attached.

Does anyone have a picture of the SC By-Pass Valve fully installed with vacuum line attached?
See if this gets the job done.......

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails XJR Vacuum Line Diagram?-aj26-bypass-actuator.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
gocallahan (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 PM

That is perfect! Thank you!

Old 06-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really struggling...

To resurrect an old thread, are these pipes all interconnected? There is:
1. One inlet stub on the induction elbow
2. one inlet stub on the supercharger lid
3. One inlet stub on the supercharger bypass actuator
4. One stub on the lid on top oif the supercharger
5. One stub on the valve(?) on the R/hand fuel rail
6. One connection intro the firewall (cruise control??)
7. A traliing end with a plug in it

I have searched high and low on the internet and looked in all the documentation I have downloaded and i can't find anything.

I am putting my car back together, it has been seriously 'bodged' in the past. A piece of pipe has either gone astray or wasn't there in the first place.

So many issues with this car and it ran well when i bought it, I dont know how. Just a ticking on one bank which was a broken tensioner guide.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:48 AM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

I've been looking too....I feel your pain. All the diagrams online don't exactly seem to show what I need or I just can read them correctly. One map of all the vacuum lines would be great instead of the closeups.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 423 Posts

Maybe one of our dear friends can just draw it on a piece of paper? I need it too...

Old 07-23-2015, 01:21 AM

I think this is what I need!

Old 07-23-2015, 11:44 AM

Darn...it's not.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went a bit further with my investigations car still runs like a ruptured duck and now the MAF is showing a fault. in fact if the car was insured i would be very tempted to put a match to it.

There are two sources of vacuum, the connection on the s/charger body and the throttle body.

The vacuum 'consumers' are:
1. the brake servo
2. fuel absorption thingy on the LHS side of the car at the rear of the front wheel. The rubber vacuum pipe goes onto on plastic moulded ribbed pipe which then goes onto a steel pipe thru the firewall into the wheel well.
3. The vacuum operated fuel cut-off on the lh fuel rail (i believe this is only fitted to the AJ27 engines)
4. the s/c bypass b/flies on the induction elbow. these are open at tickover and on closed throttle so the s/charger does not boost but close on a rising throttle.
5. the cruise control. On the AJ26 engines with the black plastic hat on the TB this is the cruise connection. on the AJ27 engines this does not exist and i 'think' but am not sure there is no vacuum connection for the c control.

Now the question is what connects to what and are the two vacuum sources cross connected?

Old 09-07-2015, 01:36 PM

Any luck?

Originally Posted by brunel
i went a bit further with my investigations car still runs like a ruptured duck and now the MAF is showing a fault. in fact if the car was insured i would be very tempted to put a match to it.

There are two sources of vacuum, the connection on the s/charger body and the throttle body.

The vacuum 'consumers' are:
1. the brake servo
2. fuel absorption thingy on the LHS side of the car at the rear of the front wheel. The rubber vacuum pipe goes onto on plastic moulded ribbed pipe which then goes onto a steel pipe thru the firewall into the wheel well.
3. The vacuum operated fuel cut-off on the lh fuel rail (i believe this is only fitted to the AJ27 engines)
4. the s/c bypass b/flies on the induction elbow. these are open at tickover and on closed throttle so the s/charger does not boost but close on a rising throttle.
5. the cruise control. On the AJ26 engines with the black plastic hat on the TB this is the cruise connection. on the AJ27 engines this does not exist and i 'think' but am not sure there is no vacuum connection for the c control.

Now the question is what connects to what and are the two vacuum sources cross connected?