XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

AJ6 Historical Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question AJ6 Historical Engine?

Out of mere curiosity I read jaguars article on Wikipedia the other day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_Cars

There it lists three historical Jaguar engines, one of them being the AJ6. I then of course read the article on the AJ6. For some reason my curiosity was not satisfied. What makes it historical?

I would really like to see the input on people that know of worked on such an engine. If I remember correctly, cadillac once referred to this engine as bulletproof. That sparks my interest. I agree, but only for the mere fact that mine has been extremely reliable. At 210K + miles, it runs like a champ. My problems have always been mainly cosmetic, or routine maintenance, never the engine. Other than that, I don't exactly know why it's such a great engine

Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estunum
Out of mere curiosity I read jaguars article on Wikipedia the other day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_Cars

There it lists three historical Jaguar engines, one of them being the AJ6. I then of course read the article on the AJ6. For some reason my curiosity was not satisfied. What makes it historical?

I would really like to see the input on people that know of worked on such an engine. If I remember correctly, cadillac once referred to this engine as bulletproof. That sparks my interest. I agree, but only for the mere fact that mine has been extremely reliable. At 210K + miles, it runs like a champ. My problems have always been mainly cosmetic, or routine maintenance, never the engine. Other than that, I don't exactly know why it's such a great engine
in their context it is historical in that they no longer make them. from my viewpoint they are historical because of the engine they replaced, which powered jags for 40 years...