XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

Question About 93 XJ6 Sovereign Parts Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 01:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question About 93 XJ6 Sovereign Parts Canada

Hey all, I am new to this forum but i have been doing a lot of reading and I need some help with my jag since my mechanics knowledge is limited. I live in Ontario, Canada and am looking for some new parts and work for my 1993 Sovereign 4.0 XJ6.

The car is pristine, I bought it at 97 k, it is up to 121k now with not a spec of rust on the car and it runs/drives great. Although I am a broke university student who probably should not be driving a Jaguar, I'm at the point now where I realize that the few things I need to have done on it and would rather that than buy a new car. I would like some advice on how much I should expect to pay for parts/service and how i can minimize costs the most on these parts since you guys are the experts and I am very unclear as to what is compatible and what isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tires: I need new tires, my model has the P225/65ZR15, now I have seen 1 model of extremely expensive Pirelli tires, are these my absolute only option for new tires? I would like something a bit cheaper than that preferably all season. I was also considering Coventry Whitley wheels and some all season tires for them if this was the case, but this too is an expensive solution and it seems nearly impossible to find any other brand of wheels that will fit the car.

Catalytic Converters: Now I know Jaguars are special and my knowledge of mechanics is limited but I had a couple mechanics tell me I need new cats, and does this mean I need ones specific to my car? Or will universal cats fit? How much do they cost and how much would it cost for installation.

Brakes: I just need new brake pads, are these unique to the Jag or should I pay standard 100-200 for pads, and similarly how much should i pay total to have the job done?

AC: I know it is hard to figure the ac problem out and I have pretty well figured out the control panel is functional, but with the AC on it comes out hot, I'm not sure if I can hear the "click" so I think maybe clutch or compressor, maybe relay?

Thank you for reading and all I'd like to know is how much these all would cost for parts and installation, and possibly some sources for parts.