XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

Self Leveling Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 06:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Self Leveling Suspension

Is it possible to repair the self leveling suspension system? I really would like to keep mine which does work but the ride is a bit bouncy at times. Can you still get the replacement shocks for it?

Thanks for any information.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:23 PM
Received 12,722 Likes on 6,373 Posts

Originally Posted by Miketucson
Is it possible to repair the self leveling suspension system? I really would like to keep mine which does work but the ride is a bit bouncy at times. Can you still get the replacement shocks for it?
Hi Mike,

I just checked at jaguarclassicparts.com, and Jaguar lists the leveling dampers/shocks as No Longer Available (NLA).

Our forum sponsors SNG Barratt, Coventry West and Jagbits may be able to help you with parts if they are still available from any source.

Another possibility is Bob Gauff (Motorcarman on this forum), a professional Jaguar mechanic who just might have some good used dampers in his parts bin as well as some advice on how to maintain your system. You might send Motorcarman a private message with your questions.

P.S. You don't mention the year, model and mileage of your Jag, but that will be helpful information for Bob and the rest of us to have in order to give you the best answers. It's a good idea to add that info to your signature line so others don't have to ask.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 12-31-2016 at 10:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
93SB (01-09-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don,
Thanks os much for your reply. My Jag is a '91 Vanden Plas with 123000 (just turned) miles on her. She runs beautifully and just needs some tlc to be purrfect.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:02 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Self Leveling Suspension

Originally Posted by Miketucson

Thanks for any information.
Hi
Happy new year!

I did the replacement a month ago.

The garage told me 3 kits were available - in France; so I decide to not postpone the replacement.
So probability is high that 2 kits are still available.

The garage coordinates are
JJR Automobiles*
8 rue Alphonse Helbronner 93400 Saint Ouen
01 49 45 12 12
contact@jjr-automobiles.com

web: accueil

Old 01-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

We can supply them, they're expensive however so most people convert to regular shocks.. Either way give us a call to discuss and we will be glad to help.

Regards
SNG