hey guys,i apologize if i offended anyone when i offered to help find
parts for anyone.i didnt mean to step on anyone's foot and i'll
never mention it again.i joined to learn about these cars as i'm
going to own one soon! i am not an expert,i'm just learning about them
and now that i'm gonna own one.
if someone has a good business going on here then so be it! i'm not
getting in the middle of it. please accept my apology
thanks eddie

I wouldn't sweat it too much, Eddie. There are several hands in the "selling parts" pie here.

I'm sure that anyone you might have offended will graciously accept your apology.

Cheers
DD

Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Well, I'm bummed to hear his boss isn't coming with a truck. And I try to show all deference to Ken, with nothing in return but a clear conscience.

The original offer and the apology were made in good faith, job well done.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,425 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Originally Posted by deejaye72
hey guys,i apologize if i offended anyone when i offered to help find parts for anyone.i didnt mean to step on anyone's foot and i'll never mention it again.i joined to learn about these cars as i'm going to own one soon! i am not an expert,i'm just learning about them and now that i'm gonna own one. if someone has a good business going on here then so be it! i'm not getting in the middle of it. please accept my apology thanks eddie

Eddie, no need to apologize, in any case it is good that you can get parts, nobody has a monopoly on offering parts here, unless the Adminisrator says otherwise, and he hasn't.

Anytime you see anyone needing a part, just tell them your price like everyone else does.

Jose

Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car22.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  16.5 KB

Re parts - Ken is the site sponsor and has the right to advertise in the Vendor for sale section and pretty much gets first bite at the cherry on most parts as far as I know. I certainly try to put people in touch with him as often as possible.
If there are a few other members out there who have access to a few bits n pieces here n there and can help out if Ken can't or isn't available, or possible can help someone out in an emergency, I don't think its a major issue.
No other " business " will be allowed to actively promote / sell parts on the site.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:02 PM

Greetings Jim,

The last sentence of your post, if it applies to me, is a major issue. Up to this point I have not been contacted privately or publicly, by either you or Ken, wth a complaint that any of my actions should be "[dis]allowed". I have respected his space, your space, and presumed that I was within the bounds of mine.

If there's a hidden message in there that I need to become a site sponsor, please PM me with the details.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,425 Likes on 1,826 Posts
Default No Way Jose

well Jim, I disagree, but since you have the last word, I have decided to leave the forum because I refuse to be bound to Motorcars Ltd. as the only Parts supplier just because they are a sponsor.

The fact is that Motorcars Ltd. sells parts at the highest prices when the same parts can be had for 50% less elsewhere. And their shipping prices are absurd.

Sorry, I had no idea this forum belonged to Motorcars Ltd. I believe in free expression, and I will not be silenced by any vendor.

Good luck to you all.

Jose

Old 04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

OOOOOOOOOOOO I don't like where this is going.....

This being THE MOST heavily advertised forum I presently visit, I fail to see where restrictions need to be enforced on who can offer parts for sale and who can't.

I see Jim's point that Ken's Motorcars helps keep things going here and that he is obligated to support him in return.

I can also see JTO and Jose's point that this is a public forum and any member should be allowed to offer parts and/or services that they can provide.

It's totally the site Admin's call here, but I will add that I am disappointed in the advertisements on here that seem to slow down navigating around the site and I especially detest the little buzz words that induce ad pop-ups...you know the ones, like car truck fuel etc.

All that aside, I enjoy this forum and gain lots of good pointers and appreciate seeing people jump in and offer to supply parts to anyone in need. Furthermore, I do not view them as vultures, profiteers, or stepping on the site sponsors toes. His sponsorship is well known and everyone has easy access to get any part quoted to them at any time.

Thanks for the fine forum, Jim. Jose stick around, we do appreciate your input. JTO you are a valuable asset to this site, your advice and parts are what make this forum attractive to the rest of us Jag-illiterate folks.

Paul

Old 04-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car22.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  16.5 KB

Guys....you seriously need to re-read the post.

The essence is that Motorcars as a sponsor have the right to advertise in the vendor for sale classified section. They have parts available for sale and can be of great assistance and we should try wherever possible to put business their way too.
As for any member needing help with advice / parts that another member can offer / help with I don't see a problem, as this is what the forum is all about.

JTO - No hidden message. You have the right to sell a few parts here n there and help out others as you have been doing for some time now.
Jose - you have misread / misunderstood the post - Please see above.
You are a valued member and I hope you decide to stay.
MTT - The little buzz words n pop ups bug me too if its any consolation....I'll ask if we can get rid of them, but don't hold your breath...lol

Jim

Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kuom bye ahh

Man, Jose please dont leave.

This is the BEST forum in the world and EVERYONE that has knowledge needs to stay. Share your knowledge and understand we are all human. No one is perfect, just our cars are. Haha I wish my car was perfect BUT IT IS GETTING WAY BETTER THANKS TO YOU ALL!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Greetings again Jim,

I appreciate your clarification. My understanding was that the conduct of my participation met with your approval, and your post above confirms that as fact.

Moron, the compliment you gave summarizes the purpose for my continuing membership. Thanks for letting me know I am on target.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

lol wow some people blew up on you Jimbo lol

I think this is by far the best forum im apart of. Everyone here contributes and now n then some people sell parts commercial or privately. As long as it doesnt become spam and the people are genuine in their interest there is no problem with it and i know i love having all the diff personalities and help present. I believe everyone else would/should agree with this statement

everyone in regards to the ads i laughed at first but then realized why:

Everyone needs to download adblock plus, its free, free of spyware and helps eliminate advertisements and spam pop ups all over the place, i highly recommend it. Im not a computer guy myself per se but lots of them swear by it and its worked GREAT for me.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,745 Likes on 7,099 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose
well Jim, I disagree, but since you have the last word, I have decided to leave the forum because I refuse to be bound to Motorcars Ltd. as the only Parts supplier just because they are a sponsor.

The fact is that Motorcars Ltd. sells parts at the highest prices when the same parts can be had for 50% less elsewhere. And their shipping prices are absurd.

Sorry, I had no idea this forum belonged to Motorcars Ltd. I believe in free expression, and I will not be silenced by any vendor.

Good luck to you all.

Jose

Jose ! You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Jim has said outright that anyone can offer parts for sale. Offering parts for sale isn't the same as advertsing on the site. Nobody, and certainly not you, has been silenced by Jim or Motorcars. I see nothing that would compel you to leave, but that's your decision.

Since Motorcars sponsors the site they can allow/disallow advertsing however they see fit.

Since so many benefit from the forums, its fair to give our sponsor some consideration when we need parts......at least give them "a shot at the deal" so to speak. Fair is fair.

As for the members who do offer parts for sale, well....I sense animosity brewing between them whenever any of them try to sell something.

Cheers
DD

Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

well I contribute to learn, educate, cut up, relieve stress, and I to push anyone who needs parts to JTO, Ken at motorcars, Jose myself and anyone who has parts and needs to move something. I view this forum like I do work. We all benefit from working together. Either directly or indirectly. I like to make the Jaguar ownership a plesant one and dont mind helping anyone. It doesnt hurt my pay, as I have yet to meet but a couple people here and work on their Jags. Otherwise I have clientel at work, and useally more work than I can shake a stick at...Although not always good work
And Ken is my local vendor outside the dealer for which many times is cheaper than even my employee discount affords me

Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i caught this thread a little late ... holy cripes this is a 'can of worms' thread.
my 2 cents .... this forum has literally changed my life, and saved me thousands of dollars. When I started in this forum, my auto mechanical knowledge was limited to changing a tire. Now I am constantly replacing parts and doing my own work on my 86 sovereign and my 98 xjr - a new hobby. I owe large thanks to many, and in particular: JTO, jag genius, Jose, and FJT (not sure if he's around anymore).

Jose .. I think you'll agree that this forum is generally fair when it comes 'selling parts'. I'm with you in the sense that my first read of Jim's reply left a sour taste .. but the bottom line is that nothing in the forum has changed. Anyways, I would enjoy your continued participation in this forum, so I hope to see you back. The number of Series IIIs left in the world is always dropping, and we need all the Series III PhDs in here we can get.