Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coco Mats

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 487 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Coco Mats

Has anyone ever ordered Coco mats from these people? If so, how is the quality? And how is the fit in a older XJ6?

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...oco-floor-mats

Old 07-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,429 Likes on 1,828 Posts

those look nice but in my experience, coco mats start to unravel in less than a year of use. My advice is: Buy them but don't use them. Only for pictures.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I drive my car as much as possible when the weather cooperates, ie.. no snow and not raining. I have the Cocos and they have been in since and before I purchased this car. They look as good as new. I reached out to the person I bought the car from to see if he remembers his source of purchase. I will let you know if I hear back from him.

I have the original black floor mats and they are in perfect condition If someone would like to buy them, but the Coco's are so much nicer in my opinion and they fit very well.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

There seems to be two companies out there that provide Coco Mats. And their product line of Coco Mats looks a lot alike. Especially the colors. But the more expensive company says theirs are better. The cheaper one is offering a 21% discount for the 4th Holiday. That's why I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what the quality is. I hope he responds back. Below is the link to both companies:

https://www.cocomats.com/coco-car-ma...FUyRHwodiKAAMA

Old 07-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by yachtmanbuttson
There seems to be two companies out there that provide Coco Mats. And their product line of Coco Mats looks a lot alike. Especially the colors. But the more expensive company says theirs are better. The cheaper one is offering a 21% discount for the 4th Holiday. That's why I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what the quality is. I hope he responds back. Below is the link to both companies:

https://www.cocomats.com/coco-car-ma...FUyRHwodiKAAMA
I bought mine from the second company more years ago than I can remember. I think the auto anything ones are a knock-off. I'd guess you get what you pay for. Greg's look to be from cocomats.com as well, if you look at the pictures on both sites. Very hard wearing in my experience. Very thick and sturdy backing too.

The first set they sent did not fit well (I think they may have had patterns for an XJ40 instead) so they sent me paper to cut into a pattern so they should now have a pattern for an exact fit. They covered all the shipping to and fro etc. Very easy to work with.

The following 2 users liked this post by pjprofili:
slofut (08-17-2018), yachtmanbuttson (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

The person I purchased the car from confirmed they were from Coco (the second web Link). He told me they sent him a pattern which he trimmed to fit and sent it back to them. They fit very well and are high quality.

The following users liked this post:
yachtmanbuttson (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

I would have already ordered from the real CocoMats company (the second one) IF they had the color I wanted. Only the first one does. And yes I probably understand they are of inferior quality to the CocoMats company. And... I'm not so sure I would get the service from the Autoanything company that I would CocoMats.com. Especially because CocoMats is family owned and they probably care a lot more. The one above is the color Autoanthing has that CocoMats doesn't. Draght!

Old 08-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Just FYI for anyone following this discussion on Coco Mats - MiamiTVR gave me the below response when I posted the same question in General Tech Help:

Opps - thought I could copy and past from another post but it didn't work. Anyway... he said that the colors really enhance his Jaguar but the quality was crap. And there was a lot of outgassing from them that destroyed the fine smell of a Jaguar. Who would have thought?! So I won't be buying from them. Again... the beauty of this FORUM!!!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 8,955 Likes on 5,298 Posts

Oh, that would kill it for me! Formaldehyde is Not a Jaguar smell, it's a Plastic smell!

One of the Best and most charming features of my Jag is the SMELL or leather and wool, not to mention wood.
When I open the door, that Lovely fragrance wafts out to greet me and says,
"Welcome. Come in and sit down.
Now.
Let's Go Somewhere!"
(';')

Old 08-15-2018, 09:37 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Just FYI for anyone following this discussion on Coco Mats - MiamiTVR gave me the below response when I posted the same question in General Tech Help:

Opps - thought I could copy and past from another post but it didn't work. Anyway... he said that the colors really enhance his Jaguar but the quality was crap. And there was a lot of outgassing from them that destroyed the fine smell of a Jaguar. Who would have thought?! So I won't be buying from them. Again... the beauty of this FORUM!!!
The genuine Coco Mats or the knockoffs? If he's talking about the Coco Mats I'm surprised. Quality of mine is excellent and I don't recall any strong smell (had them in two cars for years now).

Old 08-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member

He's talking about the knockoffs at: https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...oco-floor-mats
While they look the same in the pics, I guess they are NOT the same in real life. I think dating sites are the same way.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,429 Likes on 1,828 Posts

yeahh, not to mention you really don't know if it is a REAL woman at the other end. For me, in person or nothing.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

He's talking about the knockoffs at: https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...oco-floor-mats
While they look the same in the pics, I guess they are NOT the same in real life. I think dating sites are the same way.