XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

Dumb move!

Old 11-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Dumb move!

Whilst fiddling in car today i had rear seat out to run wires to trunk for the amp i will one day install ( wanted to get it predone while i was installing the new radio!) I lifted back seat back and placed on floor, took me a while to figure out but something was missing!
Where the heck are my rear headrests??? Dawned on me suddenly that when i got the new seats ( well new to me) that there werent any on it! and of course i threw my old seat in dumpster weeks ago, with the headrests still attached!!!!!!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh well, i suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things! I dont ride in the back anyways!!!

Old 11-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,469 Likes on 2,706 Posts

Darren, it's SO good to know that happens somewhere else too!!

Somewhere I have a 9 inch paper plate, holding several small zipper bags of small Jaguar components that I took of a junker last Fall (some of which parts are simply not available); the plate itself in a gallon zipper bag with all the contents plain to see.

It was in my corner of the dining table for *Months* as I didn't want to put it in the attic and lose it. I put it in a "safe place" so the parts would be heat/cold damaged.

Well now I can't find where I put it. I have tossed all my usual hiding places for such treasures and it's simply not anywhere.

The difference is, I *KNOW* I didn't throw it in the trash!
(';')

Last edited by LnrB; 11-09-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,945 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Oh, yeah!! Well, no start still bugging me. But, I did find my fender/wing protector pads!! Put away neatly on a shelf in my garage. Too neatly....

But, my Jeep is back!!! Daughter and gal pal came yesterday. they retreived her Passat. Made a nice dinner. And cleaned up. I did nada. Trader Jose's dark lager is pretty tasty.

Coco loves 'em they spoil him with treats, earned or not!!

I watched football all day.

Carl

Old 11-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

Can't remember where I put half the stuff I've bought for the jag or the Saab.
One thing I know is missing, is the intercooler that I'm absolutely nearly sure I bought a while back as I've got the shield plates but can I find it.....Not expensive to replace at the end of the day but it bugs me.