Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,058 Likes on 451 Posts
Default A bit off topic...

Carl, i am actually doing some subway tile, goes on super fast, i went with the 2x4 version, comes.on sheets.. but i am only doing two courses, then a chair rail, followed by green frosted glass on a 45...
Will look similar to this but with green 2x2 tiles..

Old 07-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Not the versions I've seen on the HGTV stuff. I'd take your app any day.

Nice, no, better than nice. Great work!!!

I found the issue on my chipper !!! Key and retaining grub screw gone. No wonder the Predator runs, but connection to the mill just isn't there....

Old 07-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Received 114 Likes on 85 Posts

Man that kitchen is gonna look nice!

Old 07-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,058 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Back on topic...

Added the 2 filters today, didnt run pump backwards, but did take it and tap it on bench, nothing came out, so i will just let it.go for now, actually found two 3/8 in and out filters but of course they arent the damn same, one is a see through amd other ia a solid metal one..
​​​​​​i did notice.i had some back flow coming across through the tank selector which would answer why i always seem.to have same amouny of gas in both tanks at beginning of day! Wasnt a huge flow, but certainly enough to equalize the tanks overnight!
So thats now on my to do list!!
I also took care of brake lights being stuck on! Surprised that nobody called that out in the photo, thats where.i found out!!! Lol. But thatbwas.just a switch adjustment, as i could pull up.on pedal and they would go.off!!!!

Old 07-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Yup.

1. A motorist called me out. No brake lights!!! After a lot of messing around, the NOS ignition switch via David Boger fixed that and more.

2. A couple of neighbors called me out. Back up light stuck in the "on" position??? Bodged that one. Removed the lenses and the bulbs. I am reasonably sure the issue is in the console at the shift tower. Durn, I had a NOS switch on the "old" shift tower. Passed on to a needing lister.

3. A back up for the back flow? I think LnrB reported that her NIX has one way valves. Add to the plumbing maze in the boot.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 8,934 Likes on 5,284 Posts

[QUOTE=JagCad;1726088...
3. A back up for the back flow? I think LnrB reported that her NIX has one way valves. Add to the plumbing maze in the boot.[/QUOTE]
Nix's original fuel pumps are still in the tanks, and include one-way valves on each pump. No plumbing in the trunk, nor any evidence of ever having been any.
(';')