Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Series XJ refurb and conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Series 1 XJ refurb and conversion to V8 and OD

Bought the car already partially converted to LT1/700R - did not run... Now a daily driver quality vehicle with new everything... sold it a about a year ago and was commissioned to repaint and finish the car for the new owner.

New rubber everywhere, total strip down and repaint, new sun roof seals, sun visors with vanity mirrors, dual AC vents, new dash wood, Kenwood radio with Bluetooth, Pandora etc with AMP in trunk and dual front tweeters and (4) four rear speakers with bass in the middle. S2 dual tanks replaced with new senders and (6) way Pollak switching valve installed for return line. Has power antenna installed in stock fender mounted location....total sound insulation installed from front to rear and in the doors as well.

Front suspension rebuilt, new rack poly bushings, brakes and hoses. Stock radiator, dual fans and AC condenser with plates to direct all the incoming air into the radiator. 20+ mpg on the highway and it has 4:09 LSD...approx 300 HP and is very exciting to drive around town...

Car is getting new upholstery soon, carpets and rear package tray done to open up the speaker installation that is hidden under the rear package tray. Has S3 rear seat belts, S3 Sovereign seats that will be recovered in new leather...front seat belts hidden inside of B pillar like a S3, dual USB charging ports in center console with wire for I Phone running from center console to radio.

Next step is to get the new parcel tray veneered to cover the metal plate that surrounds and covers the new dual chrome vents.

Total history is recorded with the early photos at the beginning and later ones at the end.... project to be completed very soon. Only $$$ for the upholstery upgrades to be found by new owner...

Contact me for any details about the various tasks done to the car.

Photo of restoration at: http://tinyurl.com/ocf3qzq

Last edited by Roger Mabry; 03-20-2014 at 06:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Roger Mabry:
john_cook12 (03-19-2014), SNG Barratt USA (03-19-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 02:00 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks! I enjoyed looking through your photos!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Try sourcing a local scrapyard for a possible interior for yours! I have a SII and found a SIII in a scrapyard and transplanted the interior. Needless to say, I love the SIII interior far more! It's much more comfortable if you plan on using your Jag as a DD or anything close.