XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel and hubcap question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel and hubcap question

So, we currently have stock wheel #59648 on the 1987 Jaguar XJ6 (Size: 15" x 6", 5 Lug, 4.75" Bolt Pattern), which are badly chewed up due to age and careless curbing. I want to get them refinished, but my girlfriend (the cars owner) insisted on buying wire spoked hubcaps... gross! Anyway, my question is, how do I fasten and secure them onto the wheels?

Thanks

Old 07-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Black and Tan, as for fitting hub caps on to the factory rims, I wish you luck. I don't think that you can simply do that. odds are you are going to end up getting new rims. The trick there is getting the correct offset/backspacing for your application. Shouldn't be too hard based on the year of the car.

On a side note, are you familiar with the Ford Truck World club or the Virtual Ford group? If so, you probably recognize my screen name. If not, you may want to check out the groups. Lots of good guys there to help you with your truck.

Also, I will be out your way later this month. If you are not too busy....... I have a 97 Ford Expedition that has been lifted and if you get involved with the WA Chapter of FTW, I'm sure they will remember my Expedition. Great bunch of people that will teach you more than you ever wanted to know about your truck.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Black and Tan, as for fitting hub caps on to the factory rims, I wish you luck. I don't think that you can simply do that. odds are you are going to end up getting new rims. The trick there is getting the correct offset/backspacing for your application. Shouldn't be too hard based on the year of the car.

On a side note, are you familiar with the Ford Truck World club or the Virtual Ford group? If so, you probably recognize my screen name. If not, you may want to check out the groups. Lots of good guys there to help you with your truck.

Also, I will be out your way later this month. If you are not too busy....... I have a 97 Ford Expedition that has been lifted and if you get involved with the WA Chapter of FTW, I'm sure they will remember my Expedition. Great bunch of people that will teach you more than you ever wanted to know about your truck.
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the update, even though the XJ6 hubcap/ wheel issue fitiment doesn't ease my feelings at all. If they don't work, hope she can still return them.

On the other hand, I have heard of Ford Truck World club.

I believe I joined it some time ago as InqueEB but haven't been on there in a long, long time. In fact I'd forgotten all about it, so I joined F150forum with a new name: 96 black and tan... They answer some of my questions in a timely fashion, but sure, we could hang out when you come up here. I'm always willing to talk to folks that know a lot about my 5.0, especially since I'm on the quest for more horsepower and repairing stuff one piece at a time. Having spending money for upgrades instead of fixing something crucial has been nice.

Let me know the date, as the next few weeks and weekends are extremely busy. I'd rather send you my cell phone # in PM, but that feature is disabled, nor can I access the photo galleries, or even click on my own statistics to find my own posts. Can you help with that?
Sanjay