XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

E-type contempt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I have one of each, I love them both. I have to admit the E has top place in my heart but when I want cruising comfort, nothing beats the XJS
+1

I love both. I do think my automatic S3 conv with A/C is comfortable with its seating is very much a car still suitable for today’s roads. I can’t say the same for XK150’s or series 1 E types, however.

Like I previously said, I really don’t have any camaraderie with Current car owners, as I still don’t see those cars as remotely related to anything made from the beginning of the brand to 2008, and I have never had anyone driving a Callum Jaguar XJ/XF/SUV seem even minimally interested in my XJS, E or X types. They might as well be driving an Accord. It seems only people who own the older cars are interested. Maybe the day I meet a F type owner in a parking lot the story will be different.

I also understand there is disdain between S1-2- and 3 E owners. I would not know anything about this drama since car shows are not my thing. Seems kind of funny though, but I guess it’s just human nature. XJS owners seem to have disdain for quads, composite, facelift tail lamps or gothic. Drama is everywhere!

The following users liked this post:
Greg in France (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 939 Posts
Default unusual reaction to E-type

was at a BIG car show in Daytona ,back 10yrs a so!

i'm walking round looking at cars , a young man maybe 5/6yrs old , said to his father was about 20ft away front view , "that looks like a big BUG", father said SSH, its supposed to be valuable maybe!
ron

Old 05-27-2019, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbros
was at a BIG car show in Daytona ,back 10yrs a so!

i'm walking round looking at cars , a young man maybe 5/6yrs old , said to his father was about 20ft away front view , "that looks like a big BUG", father said SSH, its supposed to be valuable maybe!
ron
Lol. My brother calls my car a giant red platypus. I nearly hit him with a boom handle, though thats par for the course he is into 70s BMWs which are nice in their own way but no match for my XJS on the winding country roads as I've proven multiple times.

The following users liked this post:
Greg in France (05-27-2019)