XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Just a heads up

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Angry Just a heads up

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about the terrible experience I've had with www.v12 performance.com at the start of December I ordered a new alloy radiator and a few other little things to the sum of around $1100AU.

I contacted Brian around the start of January and was told of a delayhe had getting parts and was informed I would have a tracking number by the end of the of the week.

Since then he has not responded to me. I have tried to call him a couple times and left messages but am yet to recieve a call back.

At this stage I am dollars down, with no parts. I am unable to get a response from Brian at V12 performance.

Just thought I'd make you all aware of my experience.

The following 3 users liked this post by Stevecosta:
01Silverstone (04-21-2014), Forcedair1 (06-06-2014), twobob (06-20-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 189 Likes on 160 Posts

Another supplier causing grief?!
Maybe we should start a sticky thread that lists all suppliers and the experiences had by members?

The following 3 users liked this post by JameyXJ6:
01Silverstone (04-21-2014), 06TimXJS (02-12-2013), Forcedair1 (06-06-2014)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I've dealt with this guy before with some order issues. He got back to me and gave me discounted things and credit for his mistakes though

Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM

He's not even responding to me at the moment

Old 02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

i assume this is also not a big operation, as someone recently said about driven man.
their websites seem trapped in 1999.
hopefully he's just on vacation?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered & received a cooling fan switch from V12 Performance just over a week ago without any issues. Nothing big, just a data point. I agree it's not a "Parts Geek" type operation & I hope he's just running behind.

JT

Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScientist
i assume this is also not a big operation, as someone recently said about driven man.

I have to wonder if "Brian" of V12Performance is the same "Brian"[Welker] of FasterJags? If so, and FWIW, I've never heard of anyone getting stiffed. Long waits, no communication...yes. But the parts always come. I've been hearing this for years and years. This might give hope to those who are waiting.

I strongly suspect these outfits (and The Driven Man) carry virtually no inventory on hand. When x-number of orders are rec'd they, in turn, place an order with their own vendor/manufacturer.

Just speculation on my part.

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (06-20-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 PM

Hey guys is anybody in Texas and able to help? I still havent recieved my parts am getting no replies he's not answering his phone or returning calls!!

At this point I am over $1000 down

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stevecosta
Hey guys is anybody in Texas and able to help? I still havent recieved my parts am getting no replies he's not answering his phone or returning calls!!

At this point I am over $1000 down
If you're unable to reach this guy then contact your bank to dispute the charge on your credit card.

I hope you paid with a credit card.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

@Doug

It's the same person

@Steve

Keep trying. As others have said, Brian seems to tune in and out at various times. I have ordered a lot of stuff from him (growlers, tstats, twin fans, alloy rad) I have always got my stuff, although sometimes there is a wait. Unfortunately I have had a major problem with the quality of one item which is still unresolved.....

Did you order the twin fans ? I ordered those also as part of my overheating saga last year. I replaced a lot of things at the same time and still couldn't get the car cool. Eventually after a lot of messing around, I bought an anemometer and measured the wind speed from the fans..... the system claims to pull "over 5000cfms" but I was getting less than half of that. Yes, the fans were connected correctly, with power being supplied through big fat wires from the bulkhead. In desperation I bought 2 fans myself (at a cost of ~$400) and swapped them over........ and now I've never ran cooler. That was over a year ago and my temperature is now solid and I don't even look at the gauge anymore (well, only a few times a minute :-) I know you Aussie guys can do a nice swap from a Ford Falcon something for the price of a beer, but I didn't know that at the time otherwise I would have bugged one of you on here to buy me one and ship it :-)

I contacted Brian about the fans, suspecting they were the wrong part. Inspecting them and comparing them to the photo on his website, it was obvious they were not the ssame fans. We did discuss on the phone and Brian asked me to send the fans back, which I did (at my shipping expense) We discussed compensation and agreed that rather than a refund, would take a wind cheater deflector that I had been looking at anyway. That was 6 months ago, and despite repeated attempts I haven't received it. I've given up and marked it down to experience, but I won't order anything from him again.

You could also try brian at fasterjags dot com as an alternate email.

The good news is the alloy rad is a really nice piece. I can't say if it actually cools better than the standard rad because for me it replaced a clogged standard rad so I don't have a fair comparison to a new standard rad.

Let us know if anything changes...... it's difficult to get some of the parts he has anywhere else, so it's a pain if he's not going to be any use going forward, but I think we should update the forum members so at least they are informed before they decide to buy something or not.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sarc:
JimC64 (06-20-2013), Rhett (08-02-2015)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have been a victim of Brian Welker @ fasterjags.com

I ordered the twin fan assembly and new fan thermostat. Got an immediate phone call after ordering the parts with a promise to ship item next day. Didnt hear from him for 6 weeks. Finally had to reverse the charges.

@sarc

Is there a comparable product available from a respectable vendor?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member

@Steve

Did you get any further forward ?

@James

You're asking about the twin fans or the rad ? For the fans there is a whole host of options out there, some more DIY than others. There was a recent discussion on it here in this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ng-fans-96915/

For the rad, I've not seen anything else. The rad has "summit racing" etched into the top of it, so maybe it would be worthwhile giving them a call and asking if they know anything. Perhaps fasterjags was getting them made by summit.... ?

I know an original replacement is more expensive than the alloy one from fasterjags

Last edited by Sarc; 06-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

And now that I just typed that I went and looked at the Summit website, and guess what I found..... ?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bc...ew/make/jaguar

This is also cheaper than from FasterJags, and I buy loads of stuff from Summit and have had no problems with either deliveries or returns, so I would buy from them with confidence

I'm pretty sure this one is the same as mine, however, be careful as there are a few different versions, so it's probably better to call them to confirm which one fits which car.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Eaa
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

@ sarc - if fasterjags website is accurate, their radiator isn't the same as the Becool radiator from Summit. From the photo fasterjags unit appears to be an aluminum replica of the stock radiator. The Becool unit isn't - it has only one upper inlet, as might be used with a chevy v8 transplant.

I'm currently in the middle of installing the same Becool radiator - it seems very well made and physically almost the same size as the stock unit - but requires quite a few modifications to make it work. The mounting fit fine, but one of the holes for the air bleed system didn't line up with the "top rail" as I think the manual called it. The radiator is also a little thicker front-to-back than stock so the fan mounting is requiring some modifications. Having only one upper inlet requires a lot of plumbing work - becool sells a "T" fitting but it costs almost $200. The most difficult issue I had so far was that the stock transmission cooler hoses had an unusual fitting whereas the Becool unit has npt threaded holes, putting those together took quite a lot of work. I started this project because the original radiator was leaking between the tanks and core on both sides - I think the becool will turn out ok but lots more work - if I were to do it over I would probably get the original radiator recored - it would have cost less and I'd have been done long ago.

Just from appearances the fasterjags radiator would bolt right in - but if they never send it to you that won't do you much good.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Eaa
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

@sarc - I have also had nothing but fine service from Summit - I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them. The same goes for Becool - they have been very helpful as I've been working on this project.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

@Eaa

Yes, now that I compare to the actual rad I got, the be cool is a bit different, sorry about that.

Here is my faster jags unit prior to fitting. It was a perfect drop in fit.

It's still weird though that it said summit racing on the top of it......

Attached Thumbnails Just a heads up-sarc-4188-albums-posts-2-7409-picture-2012-08-06-22-20-36-650-19148.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 04:01 AM

Nah no luck mate, I paid through paypal and tried to cancel the payment but it wouldn't let me.

I wish I knew someone who lived in the area to go actually see what was going on...a bit shattered about it cause i had heard alot of good things about him leading up to this!

Old 04-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Hope this was resolved! I bought a wizzard radiator, drop in and go! Fast shipping, great techs, and NO problems!

Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

There are two for sale on summit one.is for a v8 conversion the other is not it's for stock

Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I have the v12 radiator, I purchased it second hand and it is a resold wizard radiator. Both the original maker and v12 performance sell it for the same price. I can tell you it is 20lbs lighter without fluid in it. 45 lbs for original and 25 lbs for aluminum. My original is still in great shape. I just couldn't pass on the second hand deal with less than a thousand miles.

Quick Reply: Just a heads up