XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Parts from V12 performance USA.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Parts from V12 performance USA.

Has anybody purchased parts from v12 performance in Texas? I ordered and payed for an intake kit and fuel injection rebuild kit. I was in contact with Brian regarding what I needed, he was replying right away. This was six weeks ago. I have not heard anything since, have sent several emails and called him a few times, no reply. Should I be worried?

Old 06-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,741 Likes on 7,097 Posts

Brian Welker, by chance?

If so, enter his name in the search box above and draw your own conclusions

Cheers
DD

Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 806 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Nic Graves
Has anybody purchased parts from v12 performance in Texas? I ordered and payed for an intake kit and fuel injection rebuild kit. I was in contact with Brian regarding what I needed, he was replying right away. This was six weeks ago. I have not heard anything since, have sent several emails and called him a few times, no reply. Should I be worried?
[fingers crossed]Did you pay him with a credit card?

If so, call your credit card company immediately and reverse the charges. Since you received no shipment, and the merchant isn't answering queries, they'll reverse the charges without question.

Good luck

Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts

Brian Welker appears to be capable of delivering good products at reasonable prices. I purchased a full set of coolant hoses from him and convinced him to ship them before I paid him for them! And he did.

Full disclosure, my girlfriend actually ordered them and did the convincing. I subsequently googled his business and called and talked to Brian at length about his business reputation and the implications.

Brian appeared to me to be unwilling to take full responsibility for the failures to deliver on business arrangements that he had agreed to. He explained them and the causes that led to the issues people had reported. But that's not owning them. He also indicated that no one was left without either their ordered products or a refund. Since online reports of failures to ship don't necessarily get updated if they get resolved I don't know if that's accurate or not.

Ill tell you you what I told him. "I would like to do business with you, but I can't reasonably do it." He said he understood that.

Just my experience.

Last edited by JigJag; 06-08-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by JigJag
Brian Welker appears to be capable of delivering good products at reasonable prices. I purchased a full set of coolant hoses from him and convinced him to ship them before I paid him for them! And he did.

Full disclosure, my girlfriend actually ordered them and did the convincing. I subsequently googled his business and called and talked to Brian at length about his business reputation and the implications.

Brian appeared to me to be unwilling to take full responsibility for the failures to deliver on business arrangements that he had agreed to. He explained them and the causes that led to the issues people had reported. But that's not owning them. He also indicated that no one was left without either their ordered products or a refund. Since online reports of failures to ship don't necessarily get updated if they get resolved I don't know if that's accurate or not.

Ill tell you you what I told him. "I would like to do business with you, but I can't reasonably do it." He said he understood that.

Just my experience.
thanks guys, yes I paid with a credit card and I have spoken to my bank, it looks like they may be able to reverse the payment.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the fuel injection hose kit from him. Arrived quickly and had no troubles with it. Apart from a couple of hours to fit it all and clean the injectors.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,741 Likes on 7,097 Posts

Originally Posted by simmo616
I ordered the fuel injection hose kit from him. Arrived quickly and had no troubles with it. Apart from a couple of hours to fit it all and clean the injectors.

I've ordered small parts from him as well with no problems at all. As have many others.

The problems seem to arise with big ticket items. I very strongly suspect that he has no inventory of the larger, more expensive items. When he receives xxx-number of orders (which might take weeks or months) for (let's say) radiators, he contracts with the manufacturer to have them produced (which might take weeks or months). Just my guess but a week's pay says I'm right.

Personally I don't believe he intends to outright rip people off but it appears that he is not up-front and honest about giving true delivery times. Poor business practice and it's been going on for years. But, he has very little competition and thus little reason to change.

Cheers
DD

Old 06-13-2017, 03:47 AM

If he answered my emails or returned my calls to explain, I would have no problem with the situation. Thank you all for the replys, I will continue to chase him but I am in the process of getting my cash refunded.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts

After waiting for a few extra days, I got exactly the V12 parts I ordered, new, clean, well packaged, and some even with instructions. I am very happy with my parts. So while the owner might not be the best communicator, he does deliver great parts (if you have a little patience).

Attached Thumbnails Parts from V12 performance USA.-v12-performance-parts.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Doug (08-28-2017)