XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Phone And Satnav Holder On Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts
Default Phone And Satnav Holder On Test

I was going to Order a Phone Holder from an Online Retailer but in order to get Free Postage, I would have needed to spend £20.

So seeing as I couldn't think of anything else to buy, I saw a Phone Holder in Poundland for er... only £1

Which I thought would do as a stop gap measure, until I needed to buy more Stuff On-line.

And though I wasn't expecting for it to be that good, its actually amazing value for money and happens to fit inch perfect on the Ski Slope, by means of a Suction Cup, although I could have also stuck it on the inside of the Windscreen.

But seeing as my in Car Video Camera fell off the Screen, I didn't want the same thing to happen to my phone and so mounting it on the Ski Slope seemed to be the best option and the flattest part of my Ski Slope, was right behind the Shifter.

There is also a number of suction cups on the other end to mount the phone and as my Phone has a non slip Surface, I wasn't sure if the Suction Cups would hold it very Securely if at all, which was another reason to mount it very low down.

Where to my complete surprise it held the phone quite well, although it ought to hold a phone with a shiny back a lot better, though after my Camera fell off the Screen, I rigged it up with a tether, in order to catch it just in case it were to come unstuck.

Its a really nice piece of kit for £1 and so I may not bother buying anything better, as so far it seems to be doing the job far better than I had expected.

And in the Event you are still searching for the perfect Android Music Player to go on your phone.

Look no further than Poweramp

Poweramp ? Music Player for Android

Its absolutely Awesome! with a Free Trial before you Buy, which is only about £3-50p and worth every Penny, with so many Features that make it the absolute 'dogs'

Name:  S1030176_zps9httodyk.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  S1030178_zpsvepnkxby.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  222.3 KB

The following users liked this post:
Greg in France (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 08:55 AM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

I have an XKR and there is a place on the front of the console where the ash tray is that I can place my phone landscape and it works great for maps, etc. Silicone case keeps it from sliding. For some of my other cars that I did not want to make permanent modification, I bought some industrial velcro and cut a square patch. One side get applied to a flat spot on the dash, the other (soft part) gets applied to the back of phone. Holds well and allows easy portrait and landscape orientation. For another that had no flat mounting surface, I created a small bracket that attached to hidden air vent bolts on one side and bent to a flat surface to mount the velcro. I have a picture of it around here somewhere. I suppose a magnetic mount would work also, but did not want to interfere with any of the phones sensors/electronics.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts

That Post was written a long time ago, as nowadays I wouldn't even have the Phone on display as if you are caught looking at your Phone then that could be really bad news, so now it just stays in the glove box until I need to use and even then before I do I make sure I'm out of the Car