XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Recommendation for parts source

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommendation for parts source

I'm replacing all the rubber hoses (and belts etc) on my '93. Any recommendations? Does anyone offer a package deal on a complete set? Anyone offer a higher quality product (for track use?) Thanks.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Originally Posted by robinlarry
I'm replacing all the rubber hoses (and belts etc) on my '93. Any recommendations? Does anyone offer a package deal on a complete set? Anyone offer a higher quality product (for track use?) Thanks.
The belts are common I bought mine from the local auto parts supplier. Hoses not so especially the lower rad hose these I got from Jag Services in Sydney, Doug et al will chime in with a local US suppler I am sure.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any silicone hose suppliers? I see a few kits available on Ebay but I don't know anything about the companies selling them.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,755 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Coventry West, Motorcars Ltd, SNG Barett, Paul's Jaguar, Welsh Jaguar....lots of good suppliers out there.

FWIW, if you request Jaguar-branded belts you get Dayco with a Jaguar logo alongside :-)

Not aware of any performance/track upgrades but I've never sought them out, either.

IMHO, genuine Jaguar hoses are high grade and worth the money. Better than aftermarket replacments I've seen and used.

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
robinlarry (11-19-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

I am always do extensive searches for cheap parts and I am blown away by the deals I find on amazon. I just purchsed a new smp brand tps sensor for 180 w shipping (could not find these anywhere in stock for less than 300 w shipping), and an smp egr vale for 50 including shipping (cheapest I could find these for, if you can even find them is 150).

Other than amazon I look at:

rockauto.com (reasonable pricing) which is a good source to find out what compatible parts there are out there. just click on the part number next to the item and it will tell you all the vehicles the part fits. then search that part number and you will be occassionally surprised at how much cheaper the part is if you say its a honda, etc.

sngbarrett.com which is prob the cheapest you will find next to amazon/ except they are in the uk. However they do ship to the us.

Not to offend anyone but everytime I look at places like jagbits and coventry, I am amazed at the almost dealer like prices. I guess people buy from them out of reputation. I always get quality parts with warranty often for a 3rd of the price that these jag specific places charge. Maybe they offer advice that makes it worth it for some?

Last edited by hoodun; 11-21-2011 at 10:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
robinlarry (11-28-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,755 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodun
Not to offend anyone but everytime I look at places like jagbits and coventry, I am amazed at the almost dealer like prices. I guess people buy from them out of reputation. I always get quality parts with warranty often for a 3rd of the price that these jag specific places charge. Maybe they offer advice that makes it worth it for some?

Quite often the guys at Coventry or Motorcars chime in on discussions and offer good advice....and have been doing so for years. Plus, I guess I'm a little old fashioned....I still like to actually talk to a person when doing business. There are some parts guys I've known for years. They take care of me, I take care of them.

I won't say that I *never* order parts online. I do. And I've had good results with service and price.

Still, though, for most Jag stuff I like actually taking to someone who knows about Jags, knows what they sell, gives me options, etc. I'd hate giving up the human interactions and personal service entirely.

I might add that Nalley Jaguar seems to be building a good reputation via this discussion board.

Cheers
DD