XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Waxoyl

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxoyl

Anyone got views on this stuff? My concern is that it will stink permanently and I'll regret ever using the gunk. wondering if POR15 may be better , or nothing at all! I never take the car out on wet days and the garage is very dry and ventilated

Old 04-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,953 Posts

The stink of Waxoyl is from the white spirit that makes it more fluid than it otherwise would be. I found many years ago doing a Mark 2 that the smell does eventually go away, but it can take some time. If you're injecting box sections it is best to leave them as open as possible for a period to let the fumes out.

I have used Dynax S-50 recently on an MG Midget and also an MG TF (modern one), and got good results.It is much more fluid than Waxoyl and creeps into every crevice. Waxoyl is also a good product, though, and better if you have the pump action gun and have warmed it up in very hot water. You can, of course, dilute it with more white spirit to make it flow better, but then you'll have an extended period of the smell.

Dynax S50 | High Protection Rust Proofing Cavity Wax - Bilt Hamber

The following users liked this post:
Don B (04-07-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 943 Posts

i used it on many of the closed spaces on my restoration ,78 XJS from England.

made holes to get Waxoyl into cracks and joints, never noticed much oder!

it goes on easy,a mixture of wax and a evaporating oil, works into fine places , the petrol evaporates and leaves a coating of wax, been 22 yrs, and i can view you it thru holes its stays in place, no runs drips or wrinkles.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (04-07-2017)