XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

XJS injector harness

Old 04-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 364 Posts
Default XJS injector harness

I'm looking into building my own injector harness I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend specific suppliers for the different components or if there is a step by step guide they know of? I don't think it'll be too difficult.

I've found this connector ev1 type and this ultra high-temp insulted wire which I think is sufficient for a very high quality finished harness?

If I remember correctly 16awg is the desired gauge and maximum for that connector type.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 PM
Received 302 Likes on 199 Posts

I just ordered wire for mine. Del City cross link wire. 7 cents a foot. This will be my third harness, third car. First facelift which is more complicated, but if I don't tear it all apart it'll be fine. Looks like you're using expensive connectors, I just used the cheap $2 pigtail version. I trust my soldering more than my crimping . Good luck!

Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 364 Posts

Can you solder and crimp with that "expensive" connector ? I've never tried electrical work so I honestly don't know but you'd think you could dab abit on there for good measure?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,712 Posts

The best wire to use for engine bay GXL or TXL, both of these types are used by OEM's for engine bay wiring.

GXL Wire - Buy online from Allied Wire and Cable | Distributor of Automotive Primary Wire & Battery Cable

If you use pigtail injector connectors make sure your soldering is good and there are no spikes that could pierce the heatshrink and short out.

Check out this thread

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ss-h-e-171613/

Old 04-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by VancouverXJ6
I'm looking into building my own injector harness I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend specific suppliers for the different components or if there is a step by step guide they know of? I don't think it'll be too difficult.

I've found this connector ev1 type and this ultra high-temp insulted wire which I think is sufficient for a very high quality finished harness?

If I remember correctly 16awg is the desired gauge and maximum for that connector type.
I don't think those ev1 connectors will work. The large locking-wire opposite the injector body cutout will likely collide with the injector retainer plates.

These are the OEM style.

Here's the commonly available EV1 B style you're looking at.

And the EV1 A style side-release type. I'm thinking about using these for the easy release action. I think they will clear the hold-down plates. No promises.

The standard OEM type are hard to find now. Here's a set of 6 with pigtails for $14USD. PER- 522-6 (6 Pack) EV1 OBD1 Fuel Injector Pigtail Harness Plug Quick Disconnect Connectors

And here are some low-profile type A's.

http://connectorsfast.net/shop/index...&product_id=50

Last edited by JigJag; 04-18-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:38 AM
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I bought this :
Genuine Bosch Light Grey 2 Way Timer Connector & Terminal/Boot - B00 022 906 231

They are original Bosch B00 022 906 231. I had problem with Timer connector, cut for injector was not big enough.
And I made new cable with 2 connectors, one for A bank, second for B bank. I can disconnect one bank, when I am looking for leaking/bad injector.

Attached Thumbnails XJS injector harness-injectors1_small.jpg   XJS injector harness-injectors2_small.jpg  
Old 04-19-2017, 11:59 PM
Received 324 Likes on 229 Posts

when I did mine, I made a board up with holders, placed the old harness on it and did it one wire at a time. found that is the easiest way. I used basically the same connector, non pig tail, but you should crimp and then solder, more secure that way (I found out). A couple of pics for your further info

Old 04-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice work.
If I can recommend, crimp, crimp, crimp No solder, it is source of errors in future.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts

I can confirm that those connectors listed in the original post will not work. The release wire will not allow them to seat, or even come close.

Even the EV1 A low profile side release type are a close fit, with two tiny plastic fins .25mm x 2mm that have to be trimmed off to fit in the cutout on the injector holdown plate.

But, with those trimmed, the side release type are are an excellent fit, have an absolutely positive lock-on action, cannot be pulled off and release easily when the release tabs are pressed. I'm very pleased with them. Better than the OEM items. I also like that they are black.