XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 XKR - no acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XKR - no acceleration

i changed the throttle body with brand new one the car still not responding to the throttle body wont accelerate codes still popping up what could this be ? could it be the relay ? or the wire rip ?

Last edited by GGG; 03-14-2019 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to the forum ajacks86,

Maybe you can post an intro in the new members section when you get a chance?

Old 09-04-2015, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Post the codes...

Old 10-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I recently read a response that addressed throttle response. The author of that post stated that the throttle position sensor on the throttle body and the accelerator pedal sensor need to be calibrated. His instruction was to turn on the ignition (do not start) and push the pedal to the floor slowly, twice. Then start car.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

2 years old...

Old 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Been happening a lot lately. Must be a tremor in the force.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Default Just putting the info out there.

JagV8: Nothing better to do?

I recently did a search on this throttle problem and was pretty disappointed with the number of incomplete threads that were posted.
Numerous Jag owners with the same problem. I didn't see any response that was worth the time to read it. And of course, no one had posted how they solved this issue.
I posted on this older thread to simply connect the info to the search criteria. Perhaps this would work for someone who has this issue.
Are you happy now.
Are you like one of those people that correct peoples grammar and spelling on the internet. Tell me, you have something better to do.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Axle
JagV8: Nothing better to do?

I recently did a search on this throttle problem and was pretty disappointed with the number of incomplete threads that were posted.
Numerous Jag owners with the same problem. I didn't see any response that was worth the time to read it. And of course, no one had posted how they solved this issue.
I posted on this older thread to simply connect the info to the search criteria. Perhaps this would work for someone who has this issue.
Are you happy now.
Are you like one of those people that correct peoples grammar and spelling on the internet. Tell me, you have something better to do.
Simmer down fella. Search engines are pretty flaky. Honestly if you wanted this info out there you should have created a new thread with something generic like "late model 4.2 acceleration hesitancy troubleshooting" for the title. Then in the body explain what common hesitancy theme's you've read about and what documentation with links to resolutions you've found. Maybe it would be sticky worthy.

Instead you've just bumped two year old thread created by a fly by poster who has contributed nothing to the forum except create another dead end thread with an overly focused title that doesn't warrant a searchers scrutiny. You did exactly what you complain about. Think about it before getting all wrought up in the moment.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Default Time is precious

I don't wish to respond to a reply that doesn't address my issues but is only written to criticize. And this response I received proved my point perfectly. I don't appreciate criticism when my objective is to find help. A kind word or nothing is my advice.
Most of the time, the Jag community is great and happy to lend advice. Often, we just bounce ideas around until we stumble on the solution. That is how I solved my most recent problem. I stumbled on the solution on a broken thread. My search brought up random posts and I had to read through most of them until I found this one response about calibrating the throttle sensors.
It happened to be an old thread. So I just "pushed the rock up the hill". I passed the info on to the first thread I found to duplicate the information. I did this before I tried the procedure. Later after learning that this procedure corrected my issue. I posted this positive result on my original tread. Now that this procedure had been duplicated. It will hopefully show up more often and help others out with their own issues. I knew exactly what I was doing.
The use of error codes is only a starting point. It's no magic bullet. Are they helpful. Absolutely. In my case, I didn't have any active codes. This is where the value of the forum becomes priceless.