XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition has found a new home

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition has found a new home

My 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition has found a new home in a suburb of the Chicagoland area.

It will be leaving New Mexico soon. The new owner is getting a pristine, ultra low mileage XKR.

Click image to enlarge.

Attached Thumbnails 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition has found a new home-dsc_0003-sold.jpg  

Last edited by richzak; 11-30-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Glad to see you got out from under it. Enjoy

Old 11-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Glad to see you got out from under it. Enjoy
Sold it, never considered the thought of "Getting out from under it". This XKR was a terrific vehicle that performed flawlessly. The reliability of the brand was excellent. The XKR goes out in showroom condition, and I still feel this is one of the finest in the USA considering there are only 200 somewhere throughout the USA. This baby only has 18,350 miles.

I am considering the new Jaguar XE. I will complete a test drive in the future. I still have some great sports cars and the 2009 XKR PE was the oldest in my stable.

I am now down to 4 vehicles. I suspect the empty nest in the garage won't last long.

Lots of choices in today's world of premium sedans, which is something we don't have. Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc.

Now, I have a lot of research to complete.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

Congratulations Richard Z your input will be sorely missed. Good hunting! An please let us know what you end up with.

The following users liked this post:
richzak (11-30-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

+1
Your input will be missed.
So what city/suburb will your car be calling its new home? I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
Sold it, never considered the thought of "Getting out from under it". This XKR was a terrific vehicle that performed flawlessly. The reliability of the brand was excellent. The XKR goes out in showroom condition, and I still feel this is one of the finest in the USA considering there are only 200 somewhere throughout the USA. This baby only has 18,350 miles.

I am considering the new Jaguar XE. I will complete a test drive in the future. I still have some great sports cars and the 2009 XKR PE was the oldest in my stable.

I am now down to 4 vehicles. I suspect the empty nest in the garage won't last long.

Lots of choices in today's world of premium sedans, which is something we don't have. Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc.

Now, I have a lot of research to complete.

I read your earlier posts as being disappointed that potential buyers were not necessarily impressed about the uniqueness of the car but only of the price vs. mileage question. Also you express the offers you were getting were low ball and would not dump the car for those prices. Being that you kind of gave up on selling it I assumed you may take a lower price just to get out from under it. Now about the XE and it's place in the premium sedan market. During my test drive and usage while my car was being serviced I didn't get the feeling of a premium car. It is a competitor to the Audi A4 and MB and BMW but in my opinion a cheaper version. I think it needs some more interior upgrades to be a nicer car but you'll need to judge that for yourself. I would maybe consider one when looking for a grocery getter but not for a 4 hour week end trip. Happy hunting

Old 12-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by [B
jagtoes;[/B]1577857]I read your earlier posts as being disappointed that potential buyers were not necessarily impressed about the uniqueness of the car but only of the price vs. mileage question. Also you express the offers you were getting were low ball and would not dump the car for those prices. Being that you kind of gave up on selling it I assumed you may take a lower price just to get out from under it. Now about the XE and it's place in the premium sedan market. During my test drive and usage while my car was being serviced I didn't get the feeling of a premium car. It is a competitor to the Audi A4 and MB and BMW but in my opinion a cheaper version. I think it needs some more interior upgrades to be a nicer car but you'll need to judge that for yourself. I would maybe consider one when looking for a grocery getter but not for a 4 hour week end trip. Happy hunting
jagtoes:

I got what I wanted for the XKR price wise. It is a thin market for the Jaguar brand and many people do not understand the uniqueness of the brand. It's a limited market, and I was not about to give the XKR away at a wholesale low-ball price as I previously mentioned. Your interpretation of my posts were quite wrong. My buyer knew what he was looking for, and found my XKR. I took my time to find the right buyer, and the sale was made, just as you spent numerous months searching for your XKR. No different.

The buyer is getting a pristine XKR. Probably finer than your own 2013 XKR.

If you ever go to sell your XKR will find the same situation. Buyers and dealers will low-ball you on the price. You will retain the ownership until you get what would be considered a fair price unless your willing to give it away. I was not.

You have been posting here for quite some time since you bought your XKR and have seen the posts about pricing of these cars. All of us certainly are aware of the price points and the depreciation values of the brand.

I am not interested in a grocery getter and I found your post above to be somewhat demeaning towards me in general. The new 2017 XE is available in 3 different models and I stated there are other brands available. Perhaps your in the upper elite who thinks the XE may not be good enough for you, and you consider it a grocery getter. I am also looking at low mileage 2015 or 2016 XF's in the marketplace. Looks like some good price points to be had.

I will take my time and find what is suitable for me. I like going to the grocery store.

Last edited by richzak; 12-01-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kj07xk
+1
Your input will be missed.
So what city/suburb will your car be calling its new home? I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
kj07xk:

The XKR is headed to Bensenville, Il a bit to the north of you in Naperville.

Very nice man who is getting it. He has been searching for a Jaguar for a while and wanted a low mileage vehicle that met his criteria and price point. He dug a little deeper in his pocket book to buy the car.
After our conversations, he knew I was quite **** about keeping my XKR in pristine condition. Just what he wanted.

He is getting a great car.

Thanks for the compliment in your post. All of the XKR owners here will also be missed. This forum has provided many answers to questions for so many Jaguar enthusiasts. Owning this brand is a steep learning curve, and for me, there was always another Jaguar Forum member that had answers for me as well as other owners.

I am a member of other auto forums and this by far has the most respected members on a forum. The Corvette and Porsche forums are loaded with rude demeaning members who can really ruin what these forums should be about.

The Jaguar owners here are a group of "class act" members, polite and willing to provide input when they can.

I will be dropping in to look in to see what's going on and stay on top of the XKR world. Everyone here has been great and so helpful when needed. I was glad to be a small part of the group to assist and provide some helpful info to others when I could.

Selling my XKR is bittersweet, but I need to find a nice 4 sedan to compliment my stable of vehicles. At age 65, I am ready for a nice 4 door sedan to carry others when out and about. I will continue to enjoy my 2015 Corvette C7 and my Porsche 981, and of course my daily driver my 2014 F-150 Supercrew. It is hard to live in New Mexico without a truck.

Be well, be safe.

The following 3 users liked this post by richzak:
jahummer (12-01-2016), kj07xk (12-01-2016), Sean W (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rich as being a previous owner of several Jags I have a good feel for the big hits these cars take. As I mentioned when I bought this car it would be my last fun car and maybe my last car. I bought what I wanted and paid top price but as you was not willing to sacrifice what I was looking for. I'll probably drive it into the ground and my aires will sell it for pennies.Glad that you found a buyer at your price . As for the XE it appears to me to be another introduction Jag similar to the X-Type which I purchased as a DD when they came out. I'm just a retired old mechanical engineer and not an affluent type. My car selections are based on use where my sedan selection would fall more into the XF range looking for a weekend trip car. To me the XE doesn't fit into that category but it may fit for you. Last year one of my kids was looking for a new car and went through the process of comparing the Audi A4 , BMW 3XX , Lexus IS and the MB C class along with the XE. He ended up rating them in the same manner as I listed them and bought the A4. We all have our own choice and our own decisions are based on our needs. It's 50* here today and the sun is out so I'm heading for the golf course for a round. Enjoy you day and the hunt for your next car.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Congrats Richard and good luck with the new purchase. Stop by this forum from time to time. I enjoy your posts.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

While I am happy for you to have finally sold the car, you will be missed. Hopefully you can encourage the new owner to join these forums. Also glad to hear you got what you wanted for you, shows there are still buyers out there who truly value what they are buying and not just buying whatever is the best price.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

I'm glad you got your asking price! Good luck with the search for a replacement. Although they seem quiet large, I love the newish XJs. Might be on my short list in a few years....

I enjoy looking at your car pics on your web site. Don't be a stranger over here

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats and sharp car!

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

I'll have to take your jag off my ebay watch list. Your listing was one of my 1st inquiries into the brand/model and I appreciate your insight there and here. I am a new owner, and did not get to swap too many threads with you (much appreciated), but I hope you will at least lurk and pop a response now and then. Brand forums are nice, I am a member of several, but car guys are car guys, and we all share a common interest. Let us know how your new purchase goes and hope to hear from you soon.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Bensenville is only about 30 minutes away (just south of the O'Hare airport), although I don't often get up that way.

As jahummer said, you should encourage the new owner to join this forum. He'll learn much about your car from your previous postings, and you'll be able to check up on your baby whenever you drop by.

Best of luck on your filling that empty space in your garage.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Now about the XE and it's place in the premium sedan market. During my test drive and usage while my car was being serviced I didn't get the feeling of a premium car. It is a competitor to the Audi A4 and MB and BMW but in my opinion a cheaper version. I think it needs some more interior upgrades to be a nicer car but you'll need to judge that for yourself. I would maybe consider one when looking for a grocery getter but not for a 4 hour week end trip. Happy hunting

I agree about the XE. My wife and I were in the market for a sedan and we went to see the XE with a checkbook in hand. The one we were looking at was almost 50K, loaded with options. The exterior was beautiful but the interior was a serious disappointment. The dashboard is devoid of any style [especially the passenger side] and the outward vents hang off each end of the dash rather than being properly integrated. The doors have some wonky bi-level armrests and everything feels cheap and hollow. Jaguar can do much better than this. I don't even know how this car got past the decision makers. It does need an upgrade asap. We told the salesman that this is NOT a proper Jaguar for 50K and we put our checkbook away. He agreed that it is not what it should be at that price point.

Last edited by michaelodonnell123; 12-01-2016 at 01:23 PM.
richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member

Recently saw the Motorweek episode where they reviewed the XE, and they also panned the interior, saying essentially that the passenger side was boring, nothing to look at but the airbag sign. The rest of the car got high marks.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
I agree about the XE. My wife and I were in the market for a sedan and we went to see the XE with a checkbook in hand. The one we were looking at was almost 50K, loaded with options. The exterior was beautiful but the interior was a serious disappointment. The dashboard is devoid of any style [especially the passenger side] and the outward vents hang off each end of the dash rather than being properly integrated. The doors have some wonky bi-level armrests and everything feels cheap and hollow. Jaguar can do much better than this. I don't even know how this car got past the decision makers. It does need an upgrade asap. We told the salesman that this is NOT a proper Jaguar for 50K and we put our checkbook away. He agreed that it is not what it should be at that price point.
At this time the Jaguar XE Sport V6 Supercharged AWD is only a consideration. I have not seen one yet in person. I am the type of person that will complete a lot of research looking at various sedans and many reviews. There are many choices available in this segment of the market. I will consider anything from GM to Ford to BMW to Mercedes Benz etc. Car sales are slowing and I strongly believe there will be plenty of incentives moving forward into the 2017 year.

Right now I can buy a 2016 Jaguar XF 35T premium that had an MRSP of $55,000 for $39,984, and my guess this dealer would come down just under $39,000. Car has 2600 miles. There are deals out there.

Certainly, Jaguar is trending to more of a mass consumer market, thus no fancy wood trims in the newer models as standard and more like an average consumer driven vehicle. For many of the older Jaguar fans who expect wood trims and fine leather, I am sure the new consumer mass market vehicles are beginning to appear as standard lower grade type Jaguars. I am not sure until I see one. The Jaguar dealership located 60 miles away is small and have gone as a Jaguar stand alone branded dealership. Inventories are not strong at El Paso Jaguar.

I will be looking at many brands and with 4 vehicles in the garage, I am not in any immediate hurry. Any new vehicle will not be an impulse purchase by any means. Price consideration is not an issue.

The market is always changing and model styles and automobile technology is moving rapidly. It will be fun to look at many different models and brands.

I doubt I will end up with a Nissan Versa, 4 door Chevy Spark, or a 4 door Mitsubishi Mirage. However, a nice used Rolls Royce, Bently, Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Cadillac CT6, or Lexus LS600 might be compelling and certainly would probably be a one-of-a-kind automobile in my city.

The search will begin after the new year and once the funds from the sale of the XKR is deep in my pocket.

Click image to enlarge and click again for full screen.

Attached Thumbnails 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition has found a new home-2016-jaguar-xf.jpg  

Last edited by richzak; 12-01-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
kj07xk:

The XKR is headed to Bensenville, Il a bit to the north of you in Naperville.

Very nice man who is getting it. He has been searching for a Jaguar for a while and wanted a low mileage vehicle that met his criteria and price point. He dug a little deeper in his pocket book to buy the car.
After our conversations, he knew I was quite **** about keeping my XKR in pristine condition. Just what he wanted.

He is getting a great car.

Thanks for the compliment in your post. All of the XKR owners here will also be missed. This forum has provided many answers to questions for so many Jaguar enthusiasts. Owning this brand is a steep learning curve, and for me, there was always another Jaguar Forum member that had answers for me as well as other owners.

I am a member of other auto forums and this by far has the most respected members on a forum. The Corvette and Porsche forums are loaded with rude demeaning members who can really ruin what these forums should be about.

The Jaguar owners here are a group of "class act" members, polite and willing to provide input when they can.

I will be dropping in to look in to see what's going on and stay on top of the XKR world. Everyone here has been great and so helpful when needed. I was glad to be a small part of the group to assist and provide some helpful info to others when I could.

Selling my XKR is bittersweet, but I need to find a nice 4 sedan to compliment my stable of vehicles. At age 65, I am ready for a nice 4 door sedan to carry others when out and about. I will continue to enjoy my 2015 Corvette C7 and my Porsche 981, and of course my daily driver my 2014 F-150 Supercrew. It is hard to live in New Mexico without a truck.

Be well, be safe.

Congrats on the sale, you will be missed on the Jaguar forums. I'll probably see you on the Stingray forums in the future. You are correct, the Jaguar forum is a class act compared to the Corvette ones.

You probably don't want to go back to an "older" Jag but, I really like our '12 XF. Rides well, comfortable, quick and handles very competently. My recommendation is for a '12 model since those had the updated front end, as well as the superb 5.0 engine. It was knowing that '12 would be the last for the NA 5.0 that we purchased both the XJL and the XF new that year. I never really liked the XJL, even though it was quite a bit more luxurious than the XF. The XF for me is the better Jaguar.

richzak (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,136 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Richard,

Hopefully, you won't regret selling your XKR Portfolio, as it is rare and beautiful - and almost as nice as mine! But if you do, you could take a step up to a CPO Aston Martin V12 Vantage, which is also an Ian Callum design, and is even more rare and more beautiful.

If the XE doesn't meet your expectations, I suggest that you consider a CPO 2013-up XJ with the 5.0L SC engine, as I am very pleased with mine. Check out the X351 Forum.

You'll be missed. Try to keep in touch.

Stuart

richzak (12-01-2016)