Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2009 XKR control arms

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 XKR control arms

Dears
In the last maintenance 40,000 km for my 2009 XKR the dealer provide me with a report for some parts need to change as soon and the parts is the complete set of the control arms for front and rear & the price was around 8,000 USD

When I checked on eBay I've found this set :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122353929632
But I don't know the quality of it and as you know it's a very risky parts so I am here to ask if there anyone have tried this parts or please help with recommendations .

Old 07-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm not sure about your question but I think given the low mileage, it might be worth getting a second opinion. 40K seems to soon for you to need that much suspension work.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by chazaroo
I'm not sure about your question but I think given the low mileage, it might be worth getting a second opinion. 40K seems to soon for you to need that much suspension work.
Agree on the 2nd opinion and try an independent mechanic. Have him actually show you the wear and avoid the suckers play. Some of the rubber boots may be torn but you can replace the boots and it doesn't mean the part itself is bad.

Deutscheparts (your eBay supplier) does not have the best reputation for long term durability but many of the suspension parts for our XK's are also ford replacement parts (Lincoln LS, Thunderbird and also Jaguar S-Type, X350).

Get a second opinion before you go down the parts rabbit hole.

Last edited by Sean W; 07-04-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts

I would be surprised if EVERYTHING needed to be changed, unless the car has been driven on really bad roads and/or kept in a very hot environment. Is it making a lot of clunking and squeaking noises? Unless there are visible (something broken?) or audible issues I would not worry about it now.

I see that many of the suspension parts no longer have replaceable bushings per Jaguar's parts catalog. You have to buy an assembly. If the bushing are truly shot, if it was my car, I would measure them and see if I could find replacements that will fit before spending $400+ on a wishbone arm that just needs new bushings. One of the lowers does have replaceable bushings.

The ebay seller you cited has good (99% +) feedback so I would trust them to sell reasonable parts. I would check and see if you REALLY need everything before spending that much money on the parts. Then again, you have to take pretty much all of it apart to change any of the parts so maybe it does make sense to do it all. I would look at changing the shocks if you have it apart as they cannot be too far behind the bushings.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Rey
Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Your dealer's estimate probably includes every replaceable suspension bushing. This is "over the top" and very unnecessary. Usually, Jaguar suspension bushings wear out in some sort of sequential order - the first being the front A-arms. There are several reputable vendors of replacement A-arms, some may be oem suppliers. Each Jaguar owner has to balance both of these maintenance concepts: 1. "If it ain't broke, don't 'fix it'" and 2. "'Fix it' before it breaks".

Old 07-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by davchr

The ebay seller you cited has good (99% +) feedback so I would trust them to sell reasonable parts.
I wouldn't Dave

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bu...ster-ny-101704

https://www.google.com/search?sclien...msg=NCSR&noj=1

Old 07-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply , in my city the road is to bad and road cracks every where but to make sure i will take the car for jaguar expert workshop and ask for another report .

Old 07-04-2017, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by davchr
I would be surprised if EVERYTHING needed to be changed, unless the car has been driven on really bad roads and/or kept in a very hot environment. Is it making a lot of clunking and squeaking noises? Unless there are visible (something broken?) or audible issues I would not worry about it now.

I see that many of the suspension parts no longer have replaceable bushings per Jaguar's parts catalog. You have to buy an assembly. If the bushing are truly shot, if it was my car, I would measure them and see if I could find replacements that will fit before spending $400+ on a wishbone arm that just needs new bushings. One of the lowers does have replaceable bushings.

The ebay seller you cited has good (99% +) feedback so I would trust them to sell reasonable parts. I would check and see if you REALLY need everything before spending that much money on the parts. Then again, you have to take pretty much all of it apart to change any of the parts so maybe it does make sense to do it all. I would look at changing the shocks if you have it apart as they cannot be too far behind the bushings.
Thanks for your reply
Yes , the car is driven on very bad roads and very hot environmen .

Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by slowdown
Thanks for your prompt reply , in my city the road is to bad and road cracks every where but to make sure i will take the car for jaguar expert workshop and ask for another report .
Good luck! Hope you get better news from the independent..