XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 XKR 75th Anniversary Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 XKR 75th Anniversary Edition

Those of you in the UK will have the options for the "Speed Pack" and the "Black Pack", but when combined this is supposed to be the "Special Edition" that is supposed to be all we're getting in the US.

Well, I've been following the 2011 since the Geneva auto show pictures and a lot of the online hype, but while there seems to be details on the UK "packs", I am looking for more information on the 75th anniversary edition that we're supposed to get 175 of here in the states and I've just reserved a slot for here in Arizona.

The dealer obtained some information on it, what it will have and all that, but nothing specific about performance other than the increased top speed and that's it. From what I can tell, the other "packs" include things like an E-Diff and other performance goodies that I'd hope are part of the 8k premium placed on it from the standard XKR.

Right now I'd rather not think that I'll be paying 8k more for a body-kit and an ECU upgrade...

Anyone have any details?

Old 06-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Well, I just ordered my XKR175... YAY

Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You international terrorist organization leader types get all the cool toys.

Hail Cobra!

Old 06-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,145 Likes on 751 Posts

^ GI Joe reference, nice

congrats commander, you'll be one of the first to get one in the forums, so we expect many pics when you can pry yourself out of the driver's seat.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats on your order. Where you able to find out what exactly differentiates the 75th anniv edition? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:05 PM

As far as I can tell, the 75th is the same as the SpeedPack/BlackPack combo in the UK with the exception of the black wheels. The ECU changes, suspension tweaks and body styling are all there and I think something with the differential?

I think they've actually just started building the cars right now and the dealer doesn't even have an ETA on the arrival. I assume before August as it is to be present on August 8th at Pebble Beach Golf whatever.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 908 Posts

THE XKR 75 AT A GLANCE (European version):

The unique features of the exclusive new XKR 75 include:
• Increased performance through detailed engine and transmission recalibration
o Power increased to 530PS (compared to 510 PS on XKR)
Torque increased to 655Nm (compared to 625Nm on XKR)
Upgraded torque converter to handle the increased torque
• Upgraded suspension systems for increased precision and agility
o Increased spring and damper rates (front springs 28 per cent stiffer, rear springs 32 per cent stiffer)
o New fully-machined aluminium front and revised rear suspension upright for increased camber stiffness (increased by 25 per cent)
o Re-tuned Adaptive Dynamics damper control software
o Reduced ride height (10mm front and 10mm rear)
• Aerodynamic body pack with body coloured finish to front splitter, side sills extensions and rear diffuser, and body coloured larger rear spoiler and rear trunk lid finisher
• Sports exhaust with improved performance and acoustics – system has new crossover pipe and larger exhaust outlets
• New Stratus Grey exterior paint with optional graphics pack
• Red brake callipers surround 20” Vortex forged lightweight alloy wheels, diamond turned with dark grey finish
• XKR performance interior in Charcoal and Ivory stitch leather, with Jet suedecloth headlining and XKR 75 tread plate
• Active front lighting
• Final calibration was done in partnership with the RSR engineering team which has been collaborating with Jaguar on the 2010 motorsport programme.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Well, three weeks since it arrived in Naperville and GOD ****ing forbid Chase moves their *** on the business side of the stage. Mother ****ers found out that I was approved through Chase Auto and the dealer and I have been playing the waiting game with them.

Having been given a standard rate, I thought this to be a bit high for someone with 700s and have financial statements showing just under 200k to date and a three year average of 137k with literally NO DEBTS whatsoever on my personal or business side...

I'm the only person and business owner that I know in this situation and after nearly TWO WEEKS of waiting around, then they ask me for a P/L ???

I swear theses jackasses just want me at the higher Chase Auto Finance rate as opposed to what I qualify for on the business side which is a 2.5 to 3.0 percent difference which equates to only a couple hundred dollars a month, but it's truly the principle of the matter.

I have worked my *** off and dodged the bullet with the economy by being smarter than most of the people who are now whining about the fact they shouldn't have bought **** they couldn't afford in the first place.

Now when I'm in a position to make a dream come true, you'd think that the establishment that I do 100% of my banking through for three companies and have been with since the mid 1990's would simply look at the fact that in Q2 I deposited 96k alone would not see a risk on top of the other factors involved including debt status and the fact that my bloody expenses at worst make up 15% of my average income.

At the end of the day in order to get the car before the dealer sends a cruise missile to my house and Chase I'll have to deal with the rate I was given based on the lowest defining characteristic to my financial integrity, my credit score alone.

Goddamn rapists one and all. If I couldn't write off some of it, I'd chalk up the deposit as a loss and tell everyone to get ****ed.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope it works out for you, CC. It's a phenomenal car. I picked up my 175 last Saturday and couldn't be happier. It generates a lot of "WOW" faces all day long (including my own, of course). I wonder how long it will take to sell all 175 of them?

I didn't like the piano black wood at first, but it has been growing on me the last couple of days. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy; I've been getting over 20 mpg on my mixed-road commute.

Only one minor concern so far: The front splitter has veeery little ground clearance. It won't clear any parking lot bumpers; thank goodness for the parking sensor. Steep driveways might be a problem, too.

The side sills, larger rear spoiler, and revised diffuser add just enough aggression without looking too boy-racer-ish.

I did a few modifications: bright finish pedals, luggage compartment finisher, 35% tint, and my favorite, a Passport 9500ci built-in radar/laser detector.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there, I was lucky enough to drive a 2011 XKR 5.0 Supercharged V8 with speed pack / black pack recently at Jaguars invitation....see here....

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=40958

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=41384

Major WOW factor and stunning performance.....A truly fantastic day!

Below is a link to a post I made with ALL the tech spec / press pack details etc
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=41385

Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 AM

Well after being one of the first people in the country to place the order and getting mine delivered the same day as Pebble Beach, my baby arrived Monday at 10am after a silly battle with Chase over a couple measly percent and then waiting for clear-bra and tints to be installed...

Bought the car in Illinois to beat down the stupid taxes here in Scottsdale/Phoenix, but also because Patrick Jaguar were the only people who were willing to cut a deal for under sticker price. I ended up paying less than I see current new XKR models being offered at as starting price, so I'm really happy with that.

I must say that while I was a bit nervous taking the plunge, I've always had multiple car payments since I was 21 and got used to "pay to play" and ALWAYS worked and paid for them on my own.

I vowed that by age 30 I would have worked toward my first "exotic" and had my eyes on a 2004 Lotus Esprit as the goal while aiming low due to price. I knew I couldn't look to the stratospheric prices of Ferrari and Lamborghini and actually, I really don't like them like others do... My lofty goal was an Aston Martin DBS and ALMOST settled on a used V8 Vantage...

During my shopping for the new car, I whittled it down to three... Starting with the cheapest, the Audi S5... Then came the Nissan GTR which I actually got approved for credit and everything was in the works when the dealership turned out to be ******** and the SECOND dealership turned out to be ******** as well... I'm 34 and while I own three companies, I don't exactly dress like it...

Jaguar Scottsdale and Patrick Jaguar both gave me the utmost respect and I think Patrick Jaguar in Naperville were surprised when the wire transfer came through as while they had to honor the order, this "sight unseen" person ordering over the phone from Arizona to Illinois just seemed "odd"...

Now that it is here I have to say that I'm glad Nissan proved to be asshats and the RS5 wasn't available from Audi... This car is a feat of engineering genius and while many here would probably roll their eyes at the "new guy" to the highline car scene, I think we all have had that moment of appreciation for just the way the thing is put together...

I've had fourteen cars in my life and still currently own four not including the XKR and I'm SOOO glad I took some time to get to know my old 2009 GT500 and got rid of it, saved up and landed this beautiful thing...

Now if only the wheels they picked were more my style (haha)...

Old 11-07-2010, 04:46 PM

Hey... Obviously a good businessman and very loyal person. You have found out that the bank is never loyal, this is nothing new. I have for many years split my banking around at least three banks and aways play one against the other for banking services. None of them get my loyalty! Good luck with your financing. Once you get your car it will all be forgotten. Kev.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Sorry posted to the wrong thread... don't know how that happened!

Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM

Hey CobraCommander... Obviously a good businessman and very loyal person. You have found out that the bank is never loyal, this is nothing new. I have for many years split my banking around at least three banks and aways play one against the other for banking services. None of them get my loyalty! Good luck with your financing. Once you get your car it will all be forgotten. Kev.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by davies
Hey CobraCommander... Obviously a good businessman and very loyal person. You have found out that the bank is never loyal, this is nothing new. I have for many years split my banking around at least three banks and aways play one against the other for banking services. None of them get my loyalty! Good luck with your financing. Once you get your car it will all be forgotten. Kev.
Oh, I've already had the car for a bit and there was another surprise for me since while I've been a guarantor for several vehicles for my companies before, none had ever shown on my personal credit. Chase Auto claims that this is normal now, but I was hoping to keep the car away from my personal credit too keep it nice and trim when I start buying up cheap real-estate out here in AZ...

I was ticked off for a bit and was about to fight it, but after speaking to a few people I decided to leave it alone since it is literally the ONLY thing on my credit and all my credit cards are zero balances. It might prove to be useful to have the car on there, so we'll see...

I'm having a lot of fun with this car... It's simply the best car I have ever owned and one of the best I've ever driven when you consider an "all around" vehicle that truly has it all...