XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

5.0L Supercharger Cushion Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 5.0L Supercharger Cushion Drive

When my car was at the dealership for service a few weeks back (just prior to my purchase) the Shop Foreman noted that the Cushion Drive on the Supercharger was "going bad." Said it makes a mild knocking noise like a diesel at idle. He would have fixed it right then but they didn't have the part and it would be few days to get it. Told me not to worry as it was covered under warranty, so I went ahead and picked the car up as I did not want to wait any longer AND I had a bad case of N.C.S. (New Car Syndrome)

I have heard the noise after running the car hard and fast and then coming to a stop, hopping out with the motor running and listening. It's not audible from inside the car.

I'm not concerned about getting it fixed but have scoured these forums and searched online but have not noticed a single other post on this "problem."

Has anyone experienced this with their 5.0L SC or have any input?

Bob

Old 11-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by GrtShrk
When my car was at the dealership for service a few weeks back (just prior to my purchase) the Shop Foreman noted that the Cushion Drive on the Supercharger was "going bad." Said it makes a mild knocking noise like a diesel at idle. He would have fixed it right then but they didn't have the part and it would be few days to get it. Told me not to worry as it was covered under warranty, so I went ahead and picked the car up as I did not want to wait any longer AND I had a bad case of N.C.S. (New Car Syndrome)

I have heard the noise after running the car hard and fast and then coming to a stop, hopping out with the motor running and listening. It's not audible from inside the car.

I'm not concerned about getting it fixed but have scoured these forums and searched online but have not noticed a single other post on this "problem."

Has anyone experienced this with their 5.0L SC or have any input?

Bob
????? Not heard of this anyone else? I think the XKR and XKRS are both noisy ticking cars.... I wish I could hear what your talking about it all sounds normal to me...

Old 11-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I haven't noticed any what I would call abnormal engine ticking. Now mind you I come from engine backgrounds that are normally noisy. My little Ferrari 308 V8 made a lot of noise during idle but going back to my 63 Corvette with solid lifters , now that was noise. So next time I'm out I'll give a listen and see if I think it is to noisy.